Out of the woodwork

richpalm

Banned
I've been gone for a long time... other priorities and interests plus $$ considerations.

Last light I got was an Ultrafire C2 from DX months ago.

That said, I couldn't resist when I read a review here on the TK-45, so I ordered one. I can't wait to get the thing! :) Some areas here in the sticks are so dark you can't see your hand in front of your face, and with my 55+ vision, my older, even if collectible, lights just don't cut it any more. Even the C2 makes them all look anemic.

So I'm playing catch-up-first lesson I need is a crash Cree course. Can someone point me to some info on bins, brightness, etc?

Thanks!

Rich

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sticky's are a good place to start. You want find everything there, but the emmitter index is a good place to start looking. These day's the Cree XPG R5 is all the rage. Since you have P60 compatable hosts, take a look at malkoffdevices.com or nailbender in the customs B/S/T forum. Since you want bright, the SST luminius led's are at the top of the pinnacle as far as brightness. 700+ out the front lumens is easily obtainable now days in a Surefire 6P. You may want to check out oveready.com and take a look at the triple drop ins.