9P KT2 combo

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
Talking about output, the MN15 and MN16 are very similar to P90 and P91. Taking this point, you aren't able to use a MN16 in your 9P/KT2 if your light is not bored to 18mm cells. You only will can use 2x17500 li-ions.

I consider the MN15 a great bulb for a 9P/KT2! Same output of P90 but with a better throw and a bit less than 1hr of runtime.

Take a look on Mdocod chart! :)

Cheers,
Dioni

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MN15 produces whiter, more intense light than the P90. The same goes for the MN16 and P91. Although they are similar in specs, the MN lamp assemblies are a definite step up from the P90 and P91 lamps. In my short experience the MN lamps are whiter for longer.

Adding a KT turbohead to a 9P is a nice combo. Then later on down the road you can do what I just did recently, add an A19 cell adapter and M4 lamp assembley and that gives you double the output.

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
Then later on down the road you can do what I just did recently, add an A19 cell adapter and M4 lamp assembley and that gives you double the output.

ebow, great tip! I was forgetting the extender!!!!

I use with my 9P a detonator extender wich was sold in Lighthound a time ago. Its a great combo using 2x17670. I don't use a KT2, but I can imagine it with a MN16! :devil:

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Bored 9P body that's awaiting the KT2 in transit now. I'm thinking of getting an A14 extension so I can run all the M6 compatible lamps with 3x 18500 cells.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
9P+A19+KT1/2+MN60=SF Goodness. I used this for the longest time until I was able to finally get an M4 body (hence why I sold my KT2)

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have this combo and love it. Mine is a little different with a Leef 2x18500 body, but it's basically a bored 9P. This is a great and cheap alternative to a M3T. I highly recommend the mn15 bulb. I can't say enough about it's output and long runtime.

Don't wait. Get this combo!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know why so many people go through the trouble of boring out a stock body when there are plenty of 18mm aftermarket or other body solutions available.

Fivemega, Lumens Factory, Leef, Solarforce, just to name a few.

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know why so many people go through the trouble of boring out a stock body when there are plenty of 18mm aftermarket or other body solutions available.

probably the cheaper alternative for them (if they already own the stock body)

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

Most of the aftermarket bodies are very reasonably priced, to the point that shipping around and boring out a stock SF body out would be more expensive than just purchasing a separate body and then having two bodies.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast

Most of the aftermarket bodies are very reasonably priced, to the point that shipping around and boring out a stock SF body out would be more expensive than just purchasing a separate body and then having two bodies.

Absolutely true and not to mention that stock body will remain intact but the fact is that some people prefer to carry C or Z form of body which is not available anywhere or even hard to find and match gray/OD color rather than black.

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
That setup was my introduction to SF Turboheads. Love at first light! I ordered a KT2 w/MN16 from OpticsHQ and at the time got a great CPF discount. Then I got an A19 and a MN60 LA for a poorman's M4 for under $200. This is a gateway setup. I then got a C3 body and tailcap for my turbohead. Soon after it I bought an M6, then another M6, then a 12ZM, M3T...

Vesper

Enlightened

I got my 9P bored. Why? Because I wanted my 9P body to be able to take 18mms.
thinking.gif