Dorcy 2AA versus Opalec

pilot4x4

Enlightened
Is there anyone that has one of the new Dorcy 2AA LED lights and an Opalec? If so how do they compare brightness wise? I picked up one of the Dorcy's the other day and it doesn't seem like a bad light except for the way the thick part of the lens blocks some of the light coming from it and creates a large dark are between the hot spot in the center and a thin light ring around the outside. John

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have my Dorcy 2AA right here, but I have no idea where my Opalec Newbeam is...guess someone else will have to do this comparison. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a 2 AA and a 2C at an Dayton area Meijer store. Using the same batteries in each light the answer is......

New batteries: Dorcy 5.5 and Opalec 4.1 on my Meterman. With the "dead" batteries: Opalec 2.5 and Dorcy 2.8.

Meijer also has Garrity glow tube style lights that come in green, white, blue and pink but uses a horridly blue "white" led that shines out the end. But they are $4 with batteries. At least mine has a strong blue hue.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I haven't quite figured out what to do about it, but my Dorcy 2AA Rebel right now has exposed threads where the bezel was screwed on. It is a MUCH, MUCH better light without that stupid lense!

One of my new RAM switches coming from Mr.Bulk is dedicted to my MM with Opalec.

I think that will be the superior light by a percentage point or three!

I sure would like to find one of those 2C 8LED Dorcys!

Empath

Flashaholic
Dorcy 2AA Rebel? Are you sure you don't mean a Brinkmann? I can't picture Dorcy getting away with calling a new light a Rebel.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
You are indeed correct Empath! I've been sniffing too much lithium I guess. The brain ain't what she used to be fer sure!

But if that is the case, what Dorcy 2AA is being discussed here????