rayovac industrial 3 d kryptonite bulb flash light

snapper

Newly Enlightened
I found it at wal mart for a dollar. Its brightness is decent. I figured for a dollar I couldn't go wrong. So does this sound like a decent light? How much run time should i get? I like it because there is a spring under the bulb so the bulb doesn't blow when dropped.

later, snapper

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even for the regular price of around $6 or $7, it's a good buy. For that price, you should have gotten several. TX

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
My aunt has one of those, about 15 yrs old. Up until the time I found CPF & about all the great lights there are out there, that 3D Ray-O-Vac, with its faceted reflector, was the brightest, cleanest beam I'ld ever seen from a light running on regular flashlight batteries. And that's just running on a standard bulb. TX

Ratso

Enlightened
I recomend that you upgrade it to an XPR103 Xenon. I really don't know exactly how long it will run, but I would expect maybe 2 hours at peak brightness, 5 hours of bright light, and maybe 10 hours of "useable" light.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
The other option would be to get one of JB's PR based LED bulbs in a 4.5V. This way you could switch bulbs for what ever your need is. Plus your LED's will run on much weaker batteries. TX

snapper

Newly Enlightened
Could you point me to a site about these JB's PR based LED bulbs? i would appreciate it.. And if possible a price...

later snapper

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
He doesn't have a site, but his email is [email protected] . I'm not sure of the exact price, but is's about $20 for a 4 LED w/6400mcd Nichia's. I think the 3 LED one is about $15. If you get the 5600mcd, I think it's cheaper. Email him, he'll send you a price list. They are of excellent construction. I think I have 3 of them. The nice thing about getting a good cheap light, like the one you got, or the Boss, is you can afford to get a great bulb to make it a great light.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joe,
Did you get the 4.5V version, or the 6V? I wouldn't run a 3 cell lamp in a 4 cell light. TX

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
It was listed as a 6V bulb Tx.

I'll try it anyway. But the 4D Mag or a Lantern are the most likely candidates.

Side note: Just ordered a Stinger HP with AC/DC at primetools.com

Yehaw!!!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I LOVE those lights!

I have three, two Sams Choice Black 3Ds, and one Yellow Rayovac 3D.

Lowes has the Rayovacs for I think $7.97 and it's all I can do to keep from buying a couple more!

I'm going to try the 3 LED PR bulb I Ebayed in one of them as soon as it arrives! But I imagine it will end up in my 4D Mag.