New LiteFlux's coming soon?

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I've seen from place to place on various recent threads some posts that new LiteFlux's are on the way. Apparently seem to have been on the way for several months now.

I am VERY interested in anything new that might be coming out soon; particularly new versions of the LF2XT and LF5XT.

Does anyone have any info on this? I tried to PM LED Cool about it but got no response.

Thanks in advance for any info.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

Led Cool told me in PM to look for em in December - not likely any sooner.

Still a component shortage causing delays.

~

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently LiteFlux have been active on their Facebook account. Two days ago they said they are working on this new s/s version of LF2XT:

2n8pu35.jpg

and two weeks ago they announced LF5XT is coming. :)

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info guys... :) :) :)

I saw the thing about the Facebook post.

I've seen various beamshots of both the 2 and the 5 and I love that narrow cone of light they make... I think it's the best way to design a thrower, not just by making a tight hotspot, but by concentrating more of the lumens into a smaller total area of the beam. I'm hoping the new versions will have that same beam profile.

I don't suppose there's any info on specs? I know Steve said they'll be 'game changers' as were the last ones, so maybe I'm just dreaming; I don't want to ruin their splashdown when it comes...

But, I'm crossing my fingers there will be a neutral version that doesn't have that awful greenishness of my neutral XPG Quark. I'm not interested in SS though I would buy a Ti version.

Thanks again. :D

strinq

Enlightened
Am actually eager to hear from them. Have the LF2XT and it's just been awesome. You wouldn't believe the amount of abuse it's been through and it still works as well as when it first arrived.

Looking for AA versions this time around though.
Why the component shortage? :shrug:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why the component shortage? :shrug:

The slow/stopped economy and job cuts - I would guess?

We must be the only ones buying LED's ?

We hit a peak - then much of the Flashlight advancement seemed to stop.
Not much new exciting stuff lately like the last 4 years brought. It was a fun time with lots of new choices, but our wallets really suffered.

Now we are standing on the shore overlooking calm waters - looking for the next big wave to come.

~

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I envy you lucky dogs that managed to get a 2 or a 5 while they were still available. I was just starting this flashaholic thing last summer when there were still some available, but I didn't know enough about it then and was starting with 'more ordinary' lights.

My dream set up for my bike helmet light would be two LF5XT's, one on each side, sort of StarWars clone trooper style...

Anyway, thanks again for the info. If they won't be out until December it will give my funds time to recoup and also provide the perfect excuse for me to get a little something for myself for Christmas. :D

ama230

Enlightened

Now we are standing on the shore overlooking calm waters - looking for the next big wave to come.

~

Its funny and everybody is acting like all is well. We need to hit rock bottom because nobody is getting real these days...

It sucks when something that is doing the world a good change such as innovation and technology have to sit sideline. Its also funny to see a multibillion dollar company struggle on an electric vehicle when we can put one together by retrofitting an existing car for a couple thousand bucks.

All I got to say is QUIT MILKING IT and get to work!!!:devil:

Cant wait for the new liteflux too as i want to get one and would like to see an even better low runtime.

bansuri

Enlightened

~
I vaguely remember one of the dealers saying it is/was a custom capacitor that was holding things up, minimum order quantity may have been huge. Off-the-shelf isn't always an option.

In other news: Just closed up my LF2XT with a new XP-G R4 5B, oh the wall of light this thing puts out, hard to believe the beam profile would improve with an emitter that the reflector wasn't made for, but IMHO it's a big upgrade.

Finally get 2 of the darn things and they decide to make a new model!!!!

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
In other news: Just closed up my LF2XT with a new XP-G R4 5B, oh the wall of light this thing puts out, hard to believe the beam profile would improve with an emitter that the reflector wasn't made for, but IMHO it's a big upgrade.

Finally get 2 of the darn things and they decide to make a new model!!!!

Agh!!! I hate you! Just Kidding. :) :) :)

I'd LOVE to have one with an XPG in a 5B tint!!! Hell, I'd love to have THREE of them!!! I'd keep one in my pocket and strap the other two on my bike helmet for my night riding!!!

(Cool avatar btb...)

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recently LiteFlux have been active on their Facebook account. Two days ago they said they are working on this new s/s version of LF2XT:

2n8pu35.jpg

and two weeks ago they announced LF5XT is coming. :)

Exactly one year has elapsed and here we are with the new LF2XT:

29aqh6q.jpg

.... or not? :p

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast

stoli67

Enlightened
I hope that they make new light engines! Particularly neutral.

I have spare bodies...

And a SS one he he thanks steve

IMG_0185a.jpg

bansuri

Enlightened
In case you missed it: this thread was revived as a cruel joke. There is no activity with LITEFLUX, they've taken their web page down and no longer update Facebook.
A few months ago Steve (Kuku) was trying to get them to let him make a run of LF2XTs, but I haven't seen any updates on that project.