Anyone have a Nitecore Extreme R2?

TwinBlade

Enlightened
I really like the looks and function of this light. I like the ability to infinitely ramp up the output levels and the memory function of the last level. Output levels and specified runtimes look great too.

Comments and concerns are all welcome. I am seriously considering this light.:thumbsup:

LotusDarkrose

Newly Enlightened
There's reviews of this light on here. Seems like a great little pocket thrower. I was debating on it, but I went with the Incendio v3 because I want flood and spill over throw. If a small nicely constructed edc thrower is what you're looking for, I'd say go for it. If I had to pick a cr123a/16340 pocket thrower without a large head on it I would definitely pick the nitecore extreme r2. Maybe someday I'll buy it just to have. Really like the build.

EDIT: Here, review link for ya. (Q5 version, wouldn't be that much different)

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/198804

Last edited:

TwinBlade

Enlightened
Yup, I read most of that review yesterday. Most of my pocket lights have flood, but I would think, like you said, it would be cool to have one that reached out there a ways.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm about to mod my Extreme Q5 with a XPG, still waiting for the emitter.

But great thrower for its size.

LotusDarkrose

Newly Enlightened

That sounds tasty! Please post a few pics of you modding it with a comparison beamshot when you get the emitter, if you don't mind.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've been thinking about this, but lack the know and the hows to proceed. Will you need to adjust the driver somehow? I'm sure reflector must be changed modded to accommodate the XP-G. Please keep us posted!

NEX r2 is a fantastic light! I have two with SS and SS cren.

Incendio V3 has a higher output but NEX r2 just might throw a bit further.

Can't beat the inifinite variable output and mode selection that works for tactical use.