SSC P7 bin choice

Lolaralph

Enlightened
If I plan on using a shiningbeam driver (sku 1217) to power a single SSC P7, running off a single 18650, any suggestions on which SSC to use DSWOJ or DSWOI. Any advice is always appreciated

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I plan on using a shiningbeam driver (sku 1217) to power a single SSC P7, running off a single 18650, any suggestions on which SSC to use DSWOJ or DSWOI. Any advice is always appreciated

nether dx nor kd has that sku number, do you wanna give us the link.

if it is p7 driver,, and is made to work with single cell, it doesn't really matter for the driver which bin you get. weather you want lower lm but warmer tint, or wise versa is a different story.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are bin numbers. The first letter or letter+number is the flux bin, showing how bright it is. In your case D is the flux bin for both.

The next 3 (SW0) are the CCT bin, telling you the tint of the LED.

Last is the Vf (minimum voltage to light the LED at specification drive current). The "lower" the letter the better, so you'll want the "I" bin over the "J" bin.

Al Combs

Enlightened
When you click on the icon to respond to or create a new thread, the small editor box you type in pops up. Look at the row of tools just above the editor box. Just to the right of center is a blue globe of the world with a chain link below it. A mouse over brings up the alternate text, "Insert Link". A click on that icon will bring up a small box asking for your URL's link. If you do a click and drag on specific text in the editor so that it turns blue before you click on the Insert Link icon, you can Ctrl-V or paste the URL to be associated with the blued text, i.e. SKU: 1217. Otherwise the entire hyperlink will be pasted into the document. Depending on how long it is, it can scroll off the page.:ohgeez: Also copying from the browser's URL bar and pasting into the box is much easier with less chance of an error than typing it manually.

BTW, as long as you are using the ShiningBeam regulator, you'd be much better off with the "I" voltage bin P7. The "J" bins are better for direct drive with less chance of frying the LED. But the "I" bin with a regulator is safer and will stay in regulation longer as the 18650 drains.:)