One A Day Men's?

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they're any of you guys using One A Men's Supplment, can you tell me if it works. Being 54 sucks!

chiphead

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I will occasionally take a "men's" vitamin supplement. Don't really know what makes it any different from any other vitamin pill. Just something my wife bought.

I'm still alive, so maybe it's working. And it sucks even more to be 58.

Geoff

mrartillery

Enlightened
I don't take one a day, but I do take a daily regimen of certain vitamins that help support immune function and energy. The problem I had with one a day was the daily percentage of certain vitamins that i wanted wasn't nearly high enough. So I did my research on different vitamins and what they did, the formula I ended up with was Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Iron and Fish Oil, these vitamins are suppose to give a natural boost of testosterone and support your immune system. Being one who works out 3-4 times a week, the extra boost of testosterone/energy was worth giving it a shot.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Some recent studies have found that people who took multi-vitamins regularly actually increased their mortality rates. The pharmaceutical-grade vitamins found on store shelves are not like those naturally found in foods, and it places more work on your body to remove what is not needed.

Unless a doctor recommends a specific vitamin/supplement for a specific deficiency or issue you may have, skip the pills and just stick to at least eating something healthy once in a while.

sfca

Enlightened

NOW Adam multivitamin - in softgel form

Differences between tablet, veggie capsule and softgel is vitamin D in the form D-3, and more of the minerals are amino acid chelates.

Only 2 per day so take 1 or take both!

If you also use whey protein or other supplements I've found bodybuilding.com to be a great online store. They always stock the newest stuff. Even with shipping (I'm in Canada) still really cheap!

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I need a supplement for full nutrition as well.:popcorn:
All I eat are starches because they're cheap. Namely popcorn and ramen :nana:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
And it sucks even more to be 58.

I'm 57, and you have given me NOTHING to look forward to.

He's 72:

mostinterestingman.png

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being 54 sucks!

And it sucks even more to be 58.

Great something positive to look forward too, before taking on a "vitamin regime" it would be prudent to visit your doctor and get sent along for a blood work up (blood nutrient/mineral levels) to see what you actually "need" to supplement :thumbsup:

FWIW I'm almost 40 :ohgeez:

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been bodybuilding for several years and one thing I know about most multi-vitamins is the fact that they contain minerals that aren't chelated.Biologically absorbable minerals must be linked to a vitamin,kreb cycle metabolite,or an amino acid for it to be absorbed into the body.

If your going to use a multi-vit spend a little more and buy a quality product that contains chelated minerals.Avoid time-released tablets.

If you want a boost in the testosterone department take a mineral supplement called 'ZMA'.It contains zinc in it's most potent form-bound to the amino acid methionine.Many fake versions of this product exist.The back of the bottle should say 'SNAC systems".Take at bedtime on an empty stomach with a glass of water and in a couple of weeks you will wake up in the mourning like your a teenager again.
party.gif
party.gif
party.gif

Please don't tell your poor wife/girlfriend that I was the one who 'turned you on' to this product.:whistle:

sfca

Enlightened
I've been bodybuilding for several years and one thing I know about most multi-vitamins is the fact that they contain minerals that aren't chelated.Biologically absorbable minerals must be linked to a vitamin,kreb cycle metabolite,or an amino acid for it to be absorbed into the body.

Exactly! Like I said the Now ADAM multi in softgel forms contains most of the minerals as amino acid chelates.

If your going to use a multi-vit spend a little more and buy a quality product that contains chelated minerals.Avoid time-released tablets.

If you want a boost in the testosterone department take a mineral supplement called 'ZMA'.It contains zinc in it's most potent form-bound to the amino acid methionine.Many fake versions of this product exist.The back of the bottle should say 'SNAC systems".

I personally don't think ZMA helps in the testosterone department at all. However, in my experience (I'm a young man) Maca does have the same effect (not speaking hormonally).

Also, many NOW products are non-gmo, natural, containing no gluten, salt, yeast, soy etc, etc. It's amazing how so many supplement manufacturers who sell such high-priced stuff can't guarantee this :S

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally don't think ZMA helps in the testosterone department at all..... I'm a young man.....

The first study on this formula showed in the athletes(18-24) taking ZMA researchers were able to measured a30-percent increase in both free and total testosterone.

I personally use products from NOW and consider them reliable.The amount of ZMA in their vits is only 1/6 of the therapeutic dose and not enough to increase test levels.

Edit....I use NOW Maca (500 mg.) and NOW Horny Goat Weed Extract (750 mg. plus 150 mg. of Maca) along with 300 mg. of Tribulus Terrestris plus 3 ZMA tabs daily and I can honestly say I feel more potent now then when I was 30.

Last edited:

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will occasionally take a "men's" vitamin supplement. Don't really know what makes it any different from any other vitamin pill. Just something my wife bought.

I'm still alive, so maybe it's working. And it sucks even more to be 58.

Geoff
I don't understand youngsters like you moaning about being old.

I'm not old and I'm 72 (and a half) ... Life is for living.

I take a few pills for my high blood pressure and my prostate problem plus a few asthma inhalers (three different ones) , also a couple of glucosamine suplements per day.

I enjoy a couple of glasses of red wine per day too ... Red wine is the same colour as blood so it must be good for you ... I also have the odd glass of whisky ... When you go to have an injection , the doctor rubs alcohol on your arm before injecting ... This is to kill any germs ... So my insides are germ-free because of my occasional glass of whisky ... This must be true 'cos I just don't get the same number of colds and coughs as everyone else in the family.

My Wife often tells me to grow up which amuses the five Grandchildren ... There again my previous Wives said the same thing ... This only shows that all women think alike ... Still , I wouldn't like to be without one ... When they tell you off , at least they are paying attention and taking notice of you.

I get my exercise by taking our Yorkie out for walks ... The walks are only a couple of miles , but I meet lots of other dog-walkers (mainly ladies) and we always have a chat for a few minutes ... So the dog-walk is always at least two hours ... It's nice to talk and to breathe fresh air in the parks outside town..

I also do Suduko every day to keep my mind active ... This is essential.

I like chocolate and my diet is "what I like" not "what is good for me" though I do get plenty of vegetables and roughage ... This means that I don't need to take any vitamin supplements.

My second youngest Grandson is now twelve and has been taught to climb trees in our garden ... He also climbed over a high wrought-iron gate as part of his test ... The youngest boy (six years old) will be starting his climbing course next summer as I don't really want him to catch a cold or chill in our wet winter.

So , my advice is to keep the brain active and eat your vegetables and fruit ... Get a dog to keep active ... Better still get a younger Wife (like I did) ... The exercise might kill you , but what a way to go !

Just remember that being alive beats the alternative.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't understand youngsters like you moaning about being old.

I'm not old and I'm 72 (and a half) ... Life is for living.

I take a few pills for my high blood pressure and my prostate problem plus a few asthma inhalers (three different ones) , also a couple of glucosamine suplements per day.

I enjoy a couple of glasses of red wine per day too ... Red wine is the same colour as blood so it must be good for you ... I also have the odd glass of whisky ... When you go to have an injection , the doctor rubs alcohol on your arm before injecting ... This is to kill any germs ... So my insides are germ-free because of my occasional glass of whisky ... This must be true 'cos I just don't get the same number of colds and coughs as everyone else in the family.

My Wife often tells me to grow up which amuses the five Grandchildren ... There again my previous Wives said the same thing ... This only shows that all women think alike ... Still , I wouldn't like to be without one ... When they tell you off , at least they are paying attention and taking notice of you.

I get my exercise by taking our Yorkie out for walks ... The walks are only a couple of miles , but I meet lots of other dog-walkers (mainly ladies) and we always have a chat for a few minutes ... So the dog-walk is always at least two hours ... It's nice to talk and to breathe fresh air in the parks outside town..

I also do Suduko every day to keep my mind active ... This is essential.

I like chocolate and my diet is "what I like" not "what is good for me" though I do get plenty of vegetables and roughage ... This means that I don't need to take any vitamin supplements.

My second youngest Grandson is now twelve and has been taught to climb trees in our garden ... He also climbed over a high wrought-iron gate as part of his test ... The youngest boy (six years old) will be starting his climbing course next summer as I don't really want him to catch a cold or chill in our wet winter.

So , my advice is to keep the brain active and eat your vegetables and fruit ... Get a dog to keep active ... Better still get a younger Wife (like I did) ... The exercise might kill you , but what a way to go !

Just remember that being alive beats the alternative.
You've made a powerful point here, I've gotten how live, laugh and other things. I've never married and I'm child-free. Ever morning I wake up I ask...now what? I don't think what I need is in a pill.

chiphead