Princeton Tec Matrix 2?

grnamin

Enlightened
I read a post that led to the Princeton Tec Matrix 2 web page and release announcement and was wondering if anyone knows if the lamp module of that headlamp can be fitted into the regular Matrix. Anyone?

grnamin

Enlightened
The Matrix 2 will have only a 1 watt LED. The new Yukon HL will also have a 1 watt LED along with the current three 5mm LEDs for lower power output. The current Matrix has a simple switch that involves rotating the bezel as if tightening it to turn it on. The current Yukon uses a pushbutton switch to toggle between off, incadescent, off, then the three 5mm LEDs.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Note: the 1 watt luxeon is an EverLED from what I have heard. All you would need, is the EverLED and the Wide Reflector, and you are all set (figure the 15 hours is from a pair of Lithium AAs).

I have the Solo and a Matrix Module. All I would need to get, is the EverLED.

grnamin

Enlightened
Thanks, Charles. I'm looking forward to being able to swap out the old 3-LED module in my Matrix. I was able to get an all black model (sterile) from Brigade Quartermasters.

Sharp

Enlightened
Since you can change heads between Attitude and Rage, Tec 40 and Impact, Tec 20 and Matrix , and Rage and Attitude in Impact II, I think you'll be able to swap heads between Matrix 1 and 2. I'm REALLY lookin forward to playing with that baby. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

grnamin

Enlightened
Hmmmm... If it's an EverLED, I'll just order one and not have to wait for the Matrix 2. Now where did I put that wide reflector...

Catapult

Enlightened
Hmm. I wonder if I can swap the head of a Matrix 2 with the head of the Tec 20? That would be interesting!

grnamin

Enlightened
Update: I emailed Princeton Tec about whether or not the lamp module of the Matrix 2 will be available separately for those of us who might want to retrofit our Matrix headlamps. I was told that they wouldn't be available for sale separately. Who knows, they might still change their minds. I ordered an EverLED for now. I checked out my Matrix and it looks like it's set for the right polarity to take a first generation EverLED without smoking it.

Sharp

Enlightened
Catapult, once I tried the Matrix's L.E.D. assembly into my TEC 20... It worked alright. I don't know for the Matrix 2 though...