Does Surefire still make the 3P?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Wow, here's a visual that "just went through my head"...I "assume" the 6P head fits on the 3P?

If that is indeed the case, I'd like to see a picture of a 3P with a KL3 head on it...weird!

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Sigman:
Wow, here's a visual that "just went through my head"...I "assume" the 6P head fits on the 3P?

It that is indeed the case, I'd like to see a picture of a 3P with a KL3 head on it...weird!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I wonder if they make a 3V lamp for a Turbo Head. That would look weird also.
wink.gif

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up a couple of used 3P's, including one for $25 at a gun shop.

Other than possibilities arising from the use of A19's battery extender adapters, I plan to use at least one of them mounted on a project light 7.2V rechargeable battery pack so I can alternately screw in either a P91 or an N@ with my 3" Turbohead.

Accordingly, I have 2 R30 LA's I'd be happy to sell. List is $20 @. I'll sell both for $25 shipped or one for $15 shipped.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back in the day the 3P was my first surefire, I lost it and just recently bought another. The beam is much tighter than my E1e and not as white, but still a great light!

Skyline

Enlightened
Originally posted by Josh:
Back in the day the 3P was my first surefire, I lost it and just recently bought another. The beam is much tighter than my E1e and not as white, but still a great light!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Tighter? Wow. I thought the beam on my E1 was unusably tight as it was. It's one of the reasons I love the KL1. Finally, the beam is wide enough to be useful.
grin.gif

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
In playing with a R30 lamp assembly I noticed that it is considerably brighter in a 9P body driven by 2@ lithium 1.5 V AA's than it is in the 3P body with a single 123.

The tight beam is similar in size to the Streamlight Poly 2AA, but the R30 is rounder and brighter.

A P60 hot spot is much wider than the R30.

I do find that the R30 in the P90 with 2 Lithium AA's does a decent job of lighting up a dark room when the beam shaper is used. I'm presently inclined to think that this is probably the most useful way of using an R30.

This configuration is, nonetheless, less satisfying than a KL1 or KL3. I remain willing to sell my two R30's.

fasteddie

Enlightened
If you still want a 3p, I have an extra one that is in near mint condition, as good as new, no box or papers. email me an offer if you are interested.