Bought a JETBeam Jet I Pro V3...PLEASE HELP!!!

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like the title says, I ordered a JETBeam Jet I Pro V3 from Going Gear, and it arrived today...NICE little light with some impressive output. Only one problem: it's "stuck" in programming mode and I can't get it out no matter what I do! I've followed the instructions in the manual to a "T", and I've gone through the procedure to reset it to the factory default modes, and it won't come out of programming mode. I've even switched cell types; I've gone from a 14500 LIon cell to a NiMH cell to an L91 to an alky, and the result is the same...every time I turn the light on it comes on in programming mode and that's all it'll do is to cycle through the brightness modes and hidden "specialty" modes. Has anybody encountered this problem before, and if so, what did you do to correct the problem? I've never really been a big fan of "user programmable" lights for this very reason...it's not the first time I've had this happen. I'm not a "rocket scientist" by any means...but OTOH I'm not a certifiable idiot either! This is just frustrating...

Thanx in advance for any help/advice!

PJD

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple of JetBeams (not the Pro I though), and they're great lights. Sounds like you got a defective unit, or perhaps the switch is broken.

1) try replacing the switch with a different one to see if that solves the problem.

2) Contact GG for an RMA and a replacement.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanx, BOwz3r...I'm sorta thinking I got a defective unit. If I use the tail switch like a "twisty" to break contact and change modes (which should ultimately have the same result as a half press on a reverse clicky), the result is still the same. It won't lock in any of the programmable modes; it just stays cycling through the settings when it's turned back on. Also, it still won't reset to the factory default settings. Guess I'll be contacting GG this evening...

PJD

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanx, BOwz3r...I'm sorta thinking I got a defective unit. If I use the tail switch like a "twisty" to break contact and change modes (which should ultimately have the same result as a half press on a reverse clicky), the result is still the same. It won't lock in any of the programmable modes; it just stays cycling through the settings when it's turned back on. Also, it still won't reset to the factory default settings. Guess I'll be contacting GG this evening...

PJD

NP, that's why we're here, to help each other out. :)

Still could be a broken switch stuck in the on position, but does sound more like it's a defective unit.

Another vendor you might want to look into is Bugout Gear; Flavio is the owner/operator of the store/site and he is an official JetBeam distributor in N. America. I bought both my Jetbeams (Pro III ST and RRT-0) from him and have gotten outstanding service; extremely fast replies to my inquiries (even returns emails late at night) and very fast shipping which itself is fantastic because he's on the east coast and I'm in CA. Never had to wait more than 3 days from the time I placed an order with him to when I received it. There is also a discount code for Jetbeams from him, and he has a special going on right now on the Jet III M for $65, running until he's out of stock of them.

I don't think Going Gear is a bad seller, but I've never had reason to purchase from them so I can't honestly say what their customer service is like. You'll have to evaluate that for yourself. I'd bet a good chunk of change that if you contact them to let them know what's up, they'll RMA it for you no questions asked.

Last edited:

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still could be a broken switch stuck in the on position, but does sound more like it's a defective unit.

Another vendor you might want to look into is Bugout Gear; Flavio is the owner/operator of the store/site and he is an official JetBeam distributor in N. America. I bought both my Jetbeams (Pro III ST and RRT-0) from him and have gotten outstanding service; extremely fast replies to my inquiries (even returns emails late at night) and very fast shipping which itself is fantastic because he's on the east coast and I'm in CA. Never had to wait more than 3 days from the time I placed an order with him to when I received it. There is also a discount code for Jetbeams from him, and he has a special going on right now on the Jet III M for $65, running until he's out of stock of them.

I've heard and read a lot of good about Flavio...but I think I'm gonna keep my business a little closer to home for the time being. GG has always given me some of the fastest shipping ever (no order has failed to go out the next business day after being placed). I've already spoke with Marshall from there, and he seemed genuinely perplexed when I told him about what the light was doing. He also said that it wouldn't be a problem to get an exchange. I told him I'd check around on the forum first to see if anybody else had ever encountered this problem...he also tried to "troubleshoot" the light with me over the phone, and didn't seem at all "put off" or bothered by the whole process. I've placed a few orders through GG up to this point, and have been EXTREMELY pleased with their CS. Anyway, I'll wait and see if anybody else chimes in on this matter before I pack it up and send it back to Going Gear...Thanx!

PJD

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'd guess there's a bug in the IBS UI because my Jet III Pro ST just started doing the exact same thing; stuck in the programming mode, and like yours, nothing I've tried will get it out of it.

I'll be emailing Flavio shortly to see if he knows of any fix, or to get an RMA to return it for a replacement; have had it for less than two months...

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
PJ, I have an update for you.

I tried letting my III-ST sit without any battery in it for about an hour (I've used both 2xCR123 and 1x18650 in it; different voltage output for each set up). I thought maybe changing the voltage driving the light might help.

When I put the 123's in it it came on in default mode. I then tried an 18650 in it and it came on in default mode. Went to try to program it, stuck in programming mode, on both battery configs.

Emailed Flavio at Going Gear to discuss it. He suggested letting it sit without batteries as well. That's when I tried what I just mentioned.

So, by leaving the batteries out of my III-ST it seems to reset it to default mode, but when I try to program it, it gets stuck in programming mode again, and the battery configuration doesn't change anything, which agrees with what you've reported already. Leaving it sit for a while without batteries may get it to go back into the default settings, but you'll have to try and see if it sticks in programming mode again.

Hope this helps.

BarryG

Enlightened
My Jet III-M started acting funny when I tried to program it. I cleaned the threads on both ends and it cured the problem. I dunno if it will help you or not but might be worth a try.
I use both of my Jetbeams a lot and they are great lights. I hope you get them straightened out.

Barry

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll try cleaning the threads and report back...I've let it sit without a battery for more than 24 hours, and the result is still the same: it comes back on and goes right to programming mode.

Thanx to all who responded...MUCH appreciated!

PJD

Last edited:

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I just cleaned all the threads, LE contacts, and battery tube contact points with Deoxit Gold, and the result is the same...it's still stuck in programming mode. I guess this one's going back to Going Gear for a replacement. I hope it performs properly, because I REALLY like this light...VERY nice light, aesthetically speaking!

PJD

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
PJ, I've been in contact with Flavio at Bugout Gear, the vendor I bought my ST Pro from about my light. After informing him of situation and answering a few questions, he has gone silent unfortunately. I have not heard from him since late last week and sent him another message today asking for an RMA for an exchange for a new unit. I really like the light, and don't want to get a different one so I'm hoping he'll exchange it for a new one. If I don't hear back from him by the end of the day, I will contact Jetbeam themselves to ask for an exchange for a new unit. Feel free to PM me and I'll let you know how it goes.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
...will do! I shipped my Jet I Pro V3 back to Going Gear today. Marshall told me that he'd try out the replacement before sending it out to make sure it performs properly. Keeping my fingers crossed...

PJD

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
...will do! I shipped my Jet I Pro V3 back to Going Gear today. Marshall told me that he'd try out the replacement before sending it out to make sure it performs properly. Keeping my fingers crossed...

PJD

I just got a message back from Flavio; he asked me to send it to him and he'd see if he could diagnose the problem. If it can't be fixed I'll be asking for a replacement.

So far it seems we're the only ones who have had this problem, but both incidents together seem to indicate there is some kind of bug in the UI, if however rare. No one else has posted they've had this problem, so we'll have to keep on top of it.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a couple problems with my Jet I v3 with a defective switch. BOG made it right. It was worth the wait because that light on 14500 is a powerhouse and the ability to also run on AA alks makes it even better to always carry. Im sure BOG will make it right & you'll be very happy with the Jet I.