What's your favorite 1xAA LED light?

HIDblue

Enlightened
I just recently bought the JB E3S in SS and it has turned my world upside down...okay, maybe it wasn't that dramatic, but it sure has turned me on to 1xAA form factor lights. Mistakenly, I previously ignored 1xAA lights under the preconceived notion that they were too big and not bright enough compared to the 1x123 lights I have. Boy was I wrong. :ohgeez:Eh, you live and learn.

The E3S fits perfectly in my hand, the SS fit and finish is outstanding, it fulfills 85% of my daily lighting needs, and uses the readily available and inexpensive AA batts. So, needless to say, the E3S is my favorite 1xAA light. Unfortunately, it's also planted the ugly seed that I now need (nay want) a Zebralight SC51, a Nitecore D11, 4Sevens Quark AA...:sick2: I MUST RESIST.

Anyways, what's your favorite 1xAA LED light?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
That's almost like asking which one of your children is your favorite. Well, not quite. I suppose it's my old Proton Pro, but I really like my Zebralight H50 and QMini AA, too.

Geoff

ama230

Enlightened
That's almost like asking which one of your children is your favorite. Well, not quite. I suppose it's my old Proton Pro, but I really like my Zebralight H50 and QMini AA, too.

Geoff

+1

Cant beat the old photon pro or proton as they are ahead of their time...

Love them, the old 6x nichia and 1x cree model as I had to have both...

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a D10 R2 ramping... it's the only 1xAA light I have, and I don't even know if I like it yet! :crackup: So that gets my vote. I've never actually used a 1xAA light before besides some little gerber thing now that I think about it.... :confused:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
The venerable D10 R2 is my favorite (on AW 14500), particularly for it's UI. And the beam is excellent too.

Second place for me would be Quark AA XP-G NEUTRAL (on AW 14500). This one is my favorite for beam, with the D10 R2 favorite for UI.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
In a recent post of "Must-haves" for flashaholics, the top 2 AA lights are Zebralight H501 and Nitecore D10.

I er, think I'm a teeny weeny partial to D10... oh ok ok, my favorite's D10 (ramping).

Chroma

Newly Enlightened
My absolute favorite is the Lumapower Conexion just because I am a fan of the clicky switch with multiple outputs. The glow in the dark head/tailcap is a nice touch as well.

Fits perfect in my pocket and hand as if it's too big, I don't like carrying it around but if it's too small it's kind of clumsy. I think it's perfect size.

Burgess

Flashaholic
My LightFlux LF5XT is a very nice flashlight. :kiss:

Of course, so are my three Q-MiNi AA's !

:cool:
_

kdaq

Newly Enlightened
Lumapower TRUST-1 takes the cake for me. Very well-rounded EDC!

JS_280

Newly Enlightened
Quark AA Tactical with Quark Turbo flat tailcap and 14500 lithium

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another vote for the D10 ramping.
Four days ago I got a Jetbeam bk135a and it does have its advantages. Brighter than the D10, smaller than the D10, and with three user-selectable modes, it has a great UI. I've been EDCing it and as of now it is a close second.

fyrstormer

Banned
I think you got the best one to start with, actually. I have an E3S and it's a great light; simple UI, great brightness for just running on a single AA, and the steel casing is nigh indestructible.

I never had a D10, but I did have an EX10, and honestly I only ever used the lowest and highest brightness modes. The ramping seems like a cool feature until you have to stand there waiting for the brightness to change. A couple-three well-selected brightness presets are far more useful in my opinion, because you can access any of them in a fraction of the time it takes to ramp up or down.

HIDblue

Enlightened
The ramping seems like a cool feature until you have to stand there waiting for the brightness to change. A couple-three well-selected brightness presets are far more useful in my opinion, because you can access any of them in a fraction of the time it takes to ramp up or down.

Good point, I never thought of the D10's ramping that way, but it sure is popular. I think I also prefer the simple UIs with preset levels a bit more.

Last edited:

qtaco

Newly Enlightened
Currently it's the Zebralight H51 (the headlamp version of the SC51). It has the highest output and efficiency of any 1xAA on standard batteries, a totally unique design, and a great user interface.

The only light on the horizon that could knock it off it's perch for me is an updated Liteflux LF5XT, I just love the ability to check the voltage of a torch's battery at any time.