Need advice for PayPal.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I've always paid with cash transfers. I would like to make a payment on Ebay with my credit card only. Don't want to bounce a check in the mail. Can that be done and if so how? I tried PayPal's help center. PayPal's landline isn't working now. The PayPal phone number (402) 935-2057 is hard to find and when you do it is being serviced.
Thanks,
oldgrandpajack

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
That depends on the recipients type of PayPal account. Some do allow credit card transfers, others don't. The type that do, I think cost the account holder a fee for the service. You will also need a PayPal account to send money (however you do it).

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I guess I wasn't clear in the first post. I do that all the time.

Already have a PayPal account. Always haved payed, for items on Ebay, through PayPal with cash transfers from my bank account. I also have a credit card registered with PayPal. I don't want PayPal to zero my bank account and then pay the balance with the Credit Card. Have an outstanding check that would bounce. Need to pay through my PayPal account using only the registered credit card. It's probably very simple but I've never done it. I am afraid to bid on an item on Ebay and then find I don't know how to pay for it. Is there a button on the PayPal screen to change from a cash transfer to a credit card payment? If not, how do I do it? Please help!
Thanks,
oldgrandpajack

zackhugh

Enlightened
oldgrandpajack,

You can change the payment method under "payment options" just before you complete the payment. It's a simple procedure, although it annoys me that PayPal defaults to bank transfer and that I have to do this every time I want to pay with PayPal to use my cc. It's a little hard to explain unless you go through the screens (which you might try without completing the transfer).

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Steve:
Thank you! I'll try it now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
oldgrandpajack

SWEET SUCCESS!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

zackhugh

Enlightened
oldgrandpajack,

Glad I could help. I'm not able to build cool mods like some of the folks on CPF, but I am fairly competent in buying things with PayPal. Don't forget that you're going to have to do this each time unless you want to normally transfer from your bank account.

Latest posts