Can the Surefire KT1 be taken apart?

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to hear from some that has one if the lens can be taken out. I'd like to have it stripped for it to be ready for a ceracote.

Also, is there a way to disassemble the SF SW02 without damaging it?
I read to take it apart one must strike it with a punch, which usually ruins the rubber.

1wrx7

Enlightened
The bezel ring/window can be taken out of the KT1. The reflector is a machined surface in the head itself. It cannot be removed. I'm not sure if this will work or won't work with the coating process:thinking: I'd love to see it if/when it get's done:party:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
You should PM ElectronGuru with your query (and point back to your thread here). He was looking into Cerakoting a SF TH and was not optimistic IIRC.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should PM ElectronGuru with your query (and point back to your thread here). He was looking into Cerakoting a SF TH and was not optimistic IIRC.

I have been in contact with him. As you mention he was not optimistic, so I'm asking the masses to see what can be done as I want to send it to him for ceracote.

Unlike the KT-Series TurboHead, the Millennium TurboHead bezel housing can be completely gutted...

Understood, I just really like the look of the KT.

If anyone can think of a way for me to get this (ceracote without damaging the optics) done please let me know