OJ Simpson "got off" with cash

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
OJ Simpson \"got off\" with cash

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Entertainment/ap20030825_487.html

'O.J. Simpson says that without the money to pay for a "dream team" of lawyers, he would not have been acquitted of murder charges....

"I didn't commit the crime. That is why I got off," he said. "I feel in my heart that I got off because I was innocent. But I don't know if I could have proven my innocence if I didn't have the money. And that's a shame. Yes, it is a shame that in this country it costs so much to get good representation."'

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: OJ Simpson

It's a shame he was found NOT GUILTY of two murders. Not guilty and innocent are not the same. California does not have an "innocent" plea or finding of fact.

Not guilty simply means that there was not enough evidence or reasonable doubt among the jurors that he may not have committed the crime.

--dan

Empath

Flashaholic

The nineteenth century produced a lady accused of a terrible double murder. She was acquitted, and may have felt she got off. Society never really acquitted her, and she became an infamous legend for the twentieth century.

The twentieth century produced a man accused of a terrible double murder. He was acquitted, and may feel he got off. Society will never really acquit him, and he will be the infamous legend for the twenty-first century.

Lizzie Borden took an axe
And gave her mother forty whacks.
And when she saw what she had done,
She gave her father forty-one.

OJ Simpson, the Lizzie Borden for the twenty-first century.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
dano said:
It's a shame he was found NOT GUILTY of two murders. Not guilty and innocent are not the same. California does not have an "innocent" plea or finding of fact.

Not guilty simply means that there was not enough evidence or reasonable doubt among the jurors that he may not have committed the crime.

--dan

[/ QUOTE ]

I was able to duplicate his "non fitting glove" trick and fool two friends using a perfectly fitting glove.

Brightnorm

McGizmo

Flashaholic

I was acquainted with Nicole at the time before and during her initial dating with O.J. She even modeled for a moped ad that my brother and I used with great success for our moped business. I awoke many years later to a radio alarm and came to consciousness hearing that Nicole had been found savagely murdered. I felt a very sad loss of youth and innocence when the reality set in. The post death events and trial were just plain bizarre and any truth was likely lost or ignored under the pressure of money, fame and power. Had truth and clarity prevailed, there might have been a better sense of closure for the effected family, friends and even the public at large. The real loss would still remain. Nicole and Ron were gone. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

- Don