Modern day Jet1 MkII IBS?

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey CPF Gurus, Elders, and general know-it-alls!

I was wondering if there was a modern/currently available light that would compare to the features/output of this older classic? It could be either custom or production light.

Jet1 MkII I.B.S features:
Slim/Compact Single AA Design
Well balanced beam (throw/flood)
High Output
Three user definable levels
Completely hidden strobe/sos/etc

Here's a link to UnknownVT's review:https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/194673

Opinions about this light would be appreciated too. Especially how it would stack up against some modern competition. Do you think it could be upgraded to an XPG?

Thanks for your help!
-Steve

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
The Jet-I MKII IBS was certainly a classic - a very elegant light.

If you can live without the continuously-variable interface, the Zebralight SC51 is probably one of the most interesting 1xAA lights I've seen in awhile. It certainly has the highest output on standard batteries. In fact, it's as bright on eneloops as the Jet-I MK IBS was on 14500 (and that early Jet-I was rather heavily over-driven!).

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
Still mainly EDC'ing a older classic, my old Jet-1 MKII, which is the host that this IBS is based on. Missed out on this IBS otherwise it probably would be the EDC instead.

Why not carry this old light still as it has a nice switch, med, low, high, strobe and a nice beam and most importantly I like the nice size and feel of it.

I admit that Zebralight SC51 is tempting and the new JetBeam BK135 is also nice as it is still compact with a rear switch and not a twisty.

Last edited:

Latest posts