My Dream HDS/Ra Light + Poll

Would You Buy a AAA Sized Ra Light?

• Total voters

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just woke up right now from an afternoon nap. The light that is next to me in my bed was the PreOn1 clicky. Now explain to me.... why was it, that when I first opened my eyes, did it look exactly like a AAA sized Ra Twisty?! I was still in between a reality/dream state. It could have been a AAA sized Ra Clicky who knows! :devil:

Which leads me to my discussion question. What is the possibility of this actually coming out? Slim? Maybe. But I thought it was appropriate to discuss this with you guys, since my fiancee probably won't give a crap since she is not a Flashaholic.

So let's turn this thread up another notch, and put up a simple poll. Plain and simple, yes or no, "Would you buy a AAA Ra Light?" And please, defend your answer. If it is not practical, say it isn't practical! But be prepared to tell us why... :whistle:

Last edited:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I was just excited about the new UI that is coming out. I'm sure this contributed to this illusion... :sssh:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA? maybe. AAA? no. There's no reason to spend that much on an AAA light. Henry probably can't even fit all the features of the ra lights in an AAA form factor.

mikeymoto

Newly Enlightened
I'm not going to vote in a useless poll worded like this one. Why not "yes" or "no" options?

(yeah I guess I'm grumpy tonight)

Connor

Enlightened
Too small. The EDC already has the perfect size.

On a side note: "Yes, I Would Buy One" is not the opposite of "No, This Is A Terrible Idea!".

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just as a reminder, this is in no way shape or form an idea hinting Henry to make one. AAA lights are more in the 4Sevens ballpark, I am aware. I am satisfied with the CR123's in his current lights, but still would not mind owning a AA form of the Clicky/Twisty as well. I was just imagining if people would not mind owning a slimmer, but still robust Ra light.

And when I said "My Dream HDS/Ra Light", I did not mean this is the ideal light for me.... it should be taken in a literal sense... as in... I was sleeping, and envisioned this light in my dream.

Last edited:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not going to vote in a useless poll worded like this one. Why not "yes" or "no" options?

(yeah I guess I'm grumpy tonight)

Too small. The EDC already has the perfect size.

On a side note: "Yes, I Would Buy One" is not the opposite of "No, This Is A Terrible Idea!".

Both of you have to excuse the wording on the poll. I was half awake when I made this thread, and to be honest, I had to go back a few times to fix grammatical errors when I was more conscious. But as you know, once a poll is accepted, there is no going back to fix it. So, I guess to put it in a nice way... you are just going to have to suck it up...:nana:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I guess everyone seems to be finishing off a hectic week as well! Everyone is so crabby! :sigh:

derangboy

Enlightened
I would have to say no, although I don't think it's terrible! There have been other discussions about a "slim" HDS running RCRs. Might have more support there.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have to say no, although I don't think it's terrible! There have been other discussions about a "slim" HDS running RCRs. Might have more support there.

Eh... not really looking for support. Just wanted to start a discussion on it to pass the time.

It would be pretty cool though to have an E01 sized Ra Twisty on your keychain though... :devil:
The UI of the LF2XT with the body and design of the Twisty...

It would most likely cost too much to make, and I do not expect it to be produced. But who cares! :shrug: I can dream can't I? :wave:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've been out of the loop a while, would you expand upon this?

Here ya go chief. This is quoted from the thread Captain Spaulding created to see if there are other people out there that shared the same feelings as I had about the 10 second burst mode in the current Ra line of lights.

Captain Spaulding, CaNo,

I have prototyped the change and have been playing with it. It still needs a few tweaks but I am essentially happy with the results. I can live with 7 items in the Option menu.

As with any change of this type, it will get a bunch more testing and then we will have to plan when it will get released. We have an inventory of manuals so it is not likely to be released until we print new manuals.

Henry.

Conner,

Per the earlier posts and basic design philosophy, the prototype being tested is: 1) enable/disable, 2) 20 seconds and 3) no timer on momentary maximum. Simplicity and utility.

Wyager,

Not all that hard. A Dremel makes quick work of it.

Henry.

De-Lux

Enlightened
I personally like the cr123 form factor. However, I would like to see a scaled down version much like the older EDC Basic 60 with the newer UI and newer technology (higher output/Longer runtime).

tricker

Enlightened
thanks, i read into a little.....the last comment i heard from henry was that that this was a sinker, if i remember correctly....glad to hear it changed

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks, i read into a little.....the last comment i heard from henry was that that this was a sinker, if i remember correctly....glad to hear it changed

Haha! Yeah, Henry was contemplating on removing the auto-lock feature to make room for the Burst mode toggle, but after quite a few people spoke up about how disappointed they would be if Henry took this feature off, he made that comment (referring to the termination of the auto-lock feature, and not about the new UI suggestions).

Norm

Retired Administrator
I couldn't vote, I would have chosen no, but I don't think it's a terrible idea.
Norm