Quark 123 heads - can they be swapped

stoli67

Enlightened
I recently picked up 2 quarks. A single cell 123 and they double. They double is a special cool LED...

Are they interchangable.... I would love to put the cooler head on the smaller single cell light if it will not damage it..... I am assuming not as less voltage is going through it..

Cheers

Andrew

PS still waiting on an RA clicky CRI to see how it compares!

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're familiar with Li-ion batteries, you can run a single RCR123 Li-ion with the high voltage head (your cool white head). Not sure how long the high voltage head would run on a single 3v Lithium primary; minimum voltage for the high voltage head is 3v and a 3v Lithium primary has a nominal voltage of less than 3v.

Last edited:

timbo114

Enlightened
It won't hurt to put the 2 cell head on the 1 cell body - but DO NOT do the opposite! Your 1 cell head will go :poof: on 2 cells.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can also order the AA tube and run with full performance on a 14500 cell. One of my EDC's is a warm white Quark on 14500 tube. (much smaller than on an 18650 cell)

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
1-Check you packaging, or go back to the manufacturer's website and note the specs.
2a-Observe the voltage limitations you find there (low = 0.9-4.5v, high=3-9v)
2b- the high voltage head is unimpressive with a single cr123 (3.0v and dropping), though its great with a 16340 (3.6-4.2v). If you don't know what 16340 is, check out www.batteryuniversity.com and read up for a few weeks.
3- So yes heads can be swapped. I myself have different low and high voltage heads in various aftermarket tints and the full range of bodies. Just make certian you don't forget to stay with-in the spec'd input for each head.

Last edited: