Does any one else snag their E1b clip on their car when getting out?

foxtrot824

Enlightened
I know this seems silly but I have repeatedly caught my E1b clip on the edge of my drivers side seat when exiting my car. Causing my clip to stretch out and not holding well. Am I the only one?

dougie

Enlightened
Nope, not the only one! However, I've not managed to damage the clip. I won't carry the E1b in a trouser pocket now as the risk of it falling out and getting lost is too high. Although the E1b was designed for pocket or belt carry over here in the UK they are too expensive (due to taxes etc) to loose unnecessarily. As it comes the E1b does not have with any attachment points and I resorted to buying another type of tailcap which does allow a lanyard to be used. The only downside to this is the original tailcap was in a flat blacK HA and the replacement is in black type II anodised finish. Fortunately it doesn't show up too badly.

Hope you can get another clip?

diff_lock2

Newly Enlightened
This has happened with my quark AA tac. I had it on a lanyard too, and it just unwrapped the split right as I got out. Clip has never held well, but it didn't get worse after a few snags.

foxtrot824

Enlightened
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one :)

I've just been "crimping" this one tight again but I'm sure one day it won't go back.

This is my EDC

It's my E1b triple R3

Last edited:

mbw_151

Enlightened
I usually carry an EDC knife and/or flashlight in my right front pants pocket. I've snagged the clip of both knives and flashlights on the leather steering wheel getting into the car. It's a real bummer when you find out how much it is to replace the steering wheel when cruise controls, radio controls, and air bag have to be disconnected, swapped and reconnected. My chewed up wheel constantly reminds me of cpf, bladeforums, and the constant search for the perfect EDC stuff. The next car is going to have automated tilting up of the steering wheel when the car is shut off.