• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold: Ti Nautilus

tsl

Enlightened
Muyshondt Ti Nautilus $260 $250 This is a first run Nautilus in excellent condition. I will probably regret selling this, but I have two Ti Aeons, so this one did not get much use. Nice white tint. Includes battery, PhotonFanatic case (shown in pictures), and manual. The foam washer has been beveled to smooth out the twisting action for high. Will also include two stock foam washers.

Price includes shipping in the US via USPS with Delivery Confirmation. Paypal preferred (no e-checks) and Paypal fees included in the price.

Spring was repaired by Will Ching (Darkzero) after it snapped off at the PCB. Repair consisted of soldering the spring where it snapped, applying a bit of epoxy at the base of the spring to add support, and soldering the spring on the opposing side to the outer ring. According to PhotonFanatic, the spring is probably stronger now than the original configuration since it has been soldered down in two locations. Both modes work without any issues.

Thread on the Nautilus in case you're unfamiliar:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/174076

The usual stuff ...

I am not responsible for any lost package.

First "I'll take it" posted in the thread gets it. Any questions, please PM. I only check CPF in the evening and in the early morning, so there may be a delay in my response.

Prompt payment (within 48 hours of my PM) is appreciated or it will go back up for sale.

dscn1079a.jpg

dscn1078l.jpg

dscn1077cz.jpg

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Re: FS: Ti Nautilus

Since I still have the pics from when tsl was "performing due-diligence" :)D) while deciding whether to buy this light from me, here's a tint comparison with a bunch of other lights I had at the time. The Nautilus is in the middle:

Low:
CIMG4163.jpg

High:
CIMG4164.jpg

You can't get these new anymore, so if you want a great little 2-mode CR123-based light that doesn't require multi-twisting to change modes, this is the sale for you. Get it now before someone else does! :D

tsl

Enlightened

Disregard ...

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

Ah I remember this. In case anyone is wondering, here is what the repair looks like under the foam cushion.

Img_8777.jpg

Img_8781.jpg

Originally it appears that the only support for the spring is just where it is mounted through the via on the PCB along with some type of adhesive that you can see spread out all along the side of the PCB.

I added a dab of epoxy at the base of the spring where it snapped off close to the via & as mentioned soldered the opposing side of the spring for added strength. Should be very solid now.

Free bump, good luck with the sale.

tsl

Enlightened

Thanks Will.

Those are extreme close-ups. In real life, the spring is quite small. Will did a great job.

JMP

Enlightened

Thanks for the info. Such a nice light, but I wish it was a CLICKY!

Last edited:

JMP

Enlightened

Sorry guys. I meant clicky. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the 'night' and try posting.

fyrstormer

Banned

One of the questions tsl asked me when he bought the light from me was how easy it was to operate with one hand. The answer was (and still is), you can easily twist the light once with your thumb and forefinger to turn it on Low, and twist a second time to turn it on High, while holding it in the same hand and pointing it in the direction you want to look in. No special finger-acrobatics are necessary to operate it with one hand.

Still not a clicky, but it's still easy to use one-handed, and really it's too short to be a clicky anyway. It's shorter than the width of my four fingers, and much shorter than the width of my hand when it's balled into a fist. Using it as a clicky would actually be more cumbersome.

JMP

Enlightened

Shoot. I shouldn't be so indecisive. I really want a small Ti light this size and price. I'll take back up please.