D10 as a pistol mounted light?

bigfish5

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking of ordering a light to mount on the rail of a home defence pistol. Would be cool if someone made a mount that would hold my d10. Im not sure if the recoil would harm the light or not, but i would surely find out. Is anyone aware of a mount that works, or has anyone tried mounting an edc type light on a pistol rail?

bansuri

Enlightened
The recoil might make the battery connection break momentarily whenever you shoot.
It would sure look good, though!

Southpawtact

Newly Enlightened
Another point is that your trigger guard might hinder tailcap operation. I, personally, would stick to purpose-built weaponlights.

About the mount, I've heard of people using scope rings with plastic spacers to fit smaller lights.

Fooboy

Enlightened
This would not be a good idea, but it would work better than nothing.

Ideally, weapon lights are purpose built and single stage. Once the poop hits the fan, multi-level interface goes out the window ... you want to mash the button and have full brightness ... not .01 lumens.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Considering the D10 uses an electronic switch, the recoil may activate or de-activate it, so not a good option. I prefer the Streamlight TLR-series for pistol mounting. They're much lower cost than the SF options and every bit as good. The switch mechanism takes a little getting used to, but not too bad.
And ditto on the single mode...you don't need lows for weapon-lights.