Current "at the tail"

buickid

Enlightened
Set the Fluke to DC Amps, touch one lead to the un-anodized part of the body, and one lead to the end of the battery. All of tihs with the tail cap off of course.

N/Apower

Enlightened
Set the Fluke to DC Amps, touch one lead to the un-anodized part of the body, and one lead to the end of the battery. All of tihs with the tail cap off of course.

Thanks. THis should have been obvious, but I was thinking the tail-cap was included in this so as to also measure it's efficiency. It makes sense now. It's not amps at the tailCAP, just the tail.

THankyou!

N/Apower

Enlightened
Ok, this told me how many amps the batteries had. I want to measure how much the driver/cells sag during use.

Burgess

Flashaholic
No, this told you how much Current was being drawn from the Battery.

To measure "cells sag during use", you will hafta' measure Voltage.

Suggest you check out that Link provided above.

N/Apower

Enlightened
No, this told you how much Current was being drawn from the Battery.

To measure "cells sag during use", you will hafta' measure Voltage.

Suggest you check out that Link provided above.

Yes, I guess I will go read it. I was hoping for cliff-notes, but I will stop being lazy and read it. Thanks.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Thanks. THis should have been obvious, but I was thinking the tail-cap was included in this so as to also measure it's efficiency. It makes sense now. It's not amps at the tailCAP, just the tail.

THankyou!

The tail cap can figure into the mix, you would have to wire it in series to see the difference but in most cases it should be negligible if you are not drawing several amps of current or more.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Ok, this told me how many amps the batteries had. I want to measure how much the driver/cells sag during use.

to do that you would need to connect the meter across your battery somehow when in parallel measuring voltage. If you could take the top section of the light off and wire it up so the light can be run off the battery without the body of the light (just the head), you could measure across the cell(s) themselves and compare before and after you supplied power to the light engine.