Had my annual physical today

2dogs

Enlightened
Note: Sasha or any other female do not read this.

Ok. Today the doctor had his way with me. For fourty five minutes he poked, prodded, and fondled me, and I had to pay him to do it. That "southern exposure" exam is as bad as it gets. At least I don't have any major problems. Lose weight, exercise more, eat better, lose weight. I'm 5'9" and 212, a bit of a gut, but at least I'm still strong. Though I felt like crying in his office. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

There must be a better way for a doc to do a physical. Any ideas? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, as a buddy of mine many years ago said, "Think about baseball."

Hmmm. I don't get it either . . . as Dave Letterman would say.

Tomas

Banned
It was OK last time with my doc ...

raheela.jpg

... although Raheela DID have a few things to say to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

T_sig6.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I use to get a thorough flight physical every year. Most times it was a guy but I had a gal 3 times. Can't say there was a lot of difference except it felt a little odd having a beer with the lady docs at the club after they had their way with me. There's a story there but this isn't the place and it's not as exciting as I make it sound.

Bottom line, male or female doc, it doesn't matter. They are going the wrong way on a one-way street and it's not fun.

Look at it this way: It's better than having your boobs squashed flat as a pancake for a mammogram or getting a pap smear.

TOB9595

Enlightened
I hear Nyogel is the lube of choice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Glad it came out OK
Reminds me of an exam I had.
I think I'll post that story. Never thought of posting but I am the posterboy for colonoscopies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
maybe inspire others to get one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Tom

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Had a lady doc on that exam once. I told her I'd never had that exam by a woman before, found out her husband is a gynecologist!

Can hear it at the dinner table now, "So honey how was your day?"

JackBlades

Enlightened
Speaking of one-way streets.......I had a spleen rupture in a martial arts practice a few years ago and the resulting hospital stay was preceded by the installation of a CATHETER.
ugh.gif

I'll take a digit up the tailpipe any day over that.......

TOB9595

Enlightened
"I'll take a digit up the tailpipe any day over that....... "

So true a catheter is THE worst /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Get it outta there!!!
Tom

robk

Enlightened
Catheters may be uncomfortable, but I have a yearly cystoscopy because of a bladder tumor several years ago. This is a fiber-optic probe that allows imaging of the bladder walls on a video monitor. Guess where it goes in? Yeeeeowwwww.
Rob