Which would you rather have??? ReVo, or Ti Preon 1

NCT1

Newly Enlightened
So which one would you rather own... with price out of the equation. The new Black Aluminum Revo, or the Ti Preon 1

I own both, but like my Ti Preon 1 better.

Also, I run my preons on a 10440 battery. Do you guys know if the ReVo can do the same???:confused:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would take an SS revo over a ti preon one, but a ti preon one over an Al revo.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the beam profile and awesome Ti look of the Preon, but for me the Revo wins here:

-much longer runtime on low
-smoother use b/c of brass threading
-better keychain/lanyard attachment

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Preon:
Low: 1.8 OTF Lumens, 23 hours
Medium: 8.5 OTF Lumens, 6 hours
High: 70 OTF Lumens, 0.8 hours
Avail in Neutral
10440 doable but not recommended

ReVo:
Low: 1.5 lumens, 67 hours (Triple the runtime)
Medium: 19.8 lumens, 5.7 hours (greater than double the brightness, similar runtime)
High: 82 lumens, 0.9 hours (about the same here)
No Neutral :mecry:
10440 will lose low and Med modes, may fry LED.

Revo for the WIN !
:hitit:

Tolip

Newly Enlightened
I need the clicky switch.

I'm very happy with my two Preons.

Darvis

Enlightened
I own both:

A Ti single Preon with the grittiest twisty action on any light I've ever owned, combined with a super slippery smooth exterior and an iffy keychain ring that juuussstttt doesn't quite do the trick, and...

A a gorgeously designed SS ReVo with butter-smoothe brass threads, an XP-E with a gorgeous snow white tint, and a way longer runtime on low... see where I'm going here?

ReVo all the way. I, personally, don't even feel it's a contest..

Last edited:

SFfanman

Enlightened
I would go with the Preon. I've come to loath twisty UI's no matter how nice the light.

Loathe all you want but that is because you haven't got your mitts on the buttery-smooth goodness that is the SS Revo switch system. :devil:

Hands down the Revo wins in my book. Although I have not tried the preon, from what I can see of the runtime charts and the obvious beauty contest results (still subjective), I would have to say Revo. The only thing that would make the Revo (SS) better I believe would be SS clip, knock-off lanyard loop for those that don't key-chain carry theirs, and redesign the reflector for more flood. However the last would only be an improvement and not a drastic deal breaker. my 2 cents

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Revo!

One of the finest lights to be introduced in a long time... I hat to say it but it moved my Aeon off of my key ring and no light ever did that for over 2 years...

I feel like such a traitor because of how much I loved the Aeon, but I can't ignore the wonderful performance of the Revo...

... IT ROCKS!

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Revo fits on a keychain better.
Preon clips to a pocket better.
Tie.

-

I have a Millermodded Arc AAA on my keychain so I won't be getting a Revo.
I got a Preon 2 WARMS, too long for me to EDC, ordered a Preon 1 body yesterday. Hope the protruding clicky would not turn the light on in my pocket. (My iPod Shuffle will turn itself on or off or change volume when clipped to my pocket)

Prow

Newly Enlightened
To answer the original question, I'd take a black ReVO. In fact I'd even take a black ReVO over the SS.