Newbie here...and a Tikka

unclearty

Enlightened
My wife and I recently moved out to the "sticks". I have always liked flashlights, but didn't know anything about the better ones. I found this site about 2 weeks ago, and consequently, decided that I neede an Petzl Tikka. Now..when we moved in, neighbors had warned us that we frequently lose power...but usually for only a few hours. Believe it or not...the night I brought home my Tikka..on sale at REI..I had gone down to my workbench to play with some new LEDs..just as I was about to plug in my soldering iron....poof..lights went out. I grabbed a flashlight from my workbench..actually a 3 led on a 9volt that I had put together the night before...cracked open the awful plastic package , and pulled out my new Tikka. Installed the batteries..viola!! What an amazing little light!! Put it on my head and walked upstairs..going through my incredibly cluttered basement, from out recent move, it was just like caving...sort of. When I got upstairs, my wife had already found my MM 2AA and was shocked to see me with a light on my head. She tore it off my head and put it on. She was one happy camper when she got to sit on the couch reading her 2 new magazines with the headlamp. She told me that we're gonna need another one of these..if I ever wanna be able to read in the dark...sigh.
I've since purchased the Brinkman 2AA single LED..very cool inexpensive light. I have a huge backyard that aims towards a state forest, so I sit on my deck and aim different lights out at the trees...where we are gets pretty dark at night.
Thanks for this site...just what I need ..another expensive hobby!!
P.S....I'm ordering a CMG Ultra and a Streamlight TT1L today from Meridian. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
welcome to CPF!

i started with about 5 lights in my collection...i now have 32!

hide your wallet...fast!

Bob

unclearty

Enlightened
Unfortunately..I have no will power. I have been involved in RC car racing...a VERY expensive hobby..am currently involved in a small band..6 guitars and counting...and now flashlights. Does anyone know the waiting list to get into the Betty Ford LightMod Clinic?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, i can relate: im an ametuer musician--4 guitars, 2 amps, fx pedals, j-station, books, etc, etc.

race mountainbikes: currently have 4 mountain and 1 road bike. TONS of parts...nearly 60 pairs of tires.
about to buy another mountainbike...

life is FUN!

Bob

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I haven't yet acquired a headlight yet. I do have 2 or 3 lights that will attach to a hat, and a headband that will hold 3 or 4 different lights, so I think I have it covered.

Why TT1L?

I got a 1L first. It wasn't bad, but is a trifle short for it's width.

I have found Nirvana in the TT 2L!!!

As a bonus, the 2L is quite a bit brighter as well...

I did RC Airplanes for years (lost my flying buddy in '88 and never flew again) and it wasn't exactly cheap!

I can't hold a tune in a bucket!

But ask me about Flashlights!!!!

unclearty

Enlightened
I think the 1L will fit nicely. I have an old Duracell 6volt brick high beam lantern, an Energizer 8AA focus beam, a MiniMag 2AA, a Brinkman 2AA focused lens LED barrel light, a couple of home mod'd various configuration lamps. I have an assortment of LEDs and stuff coming Friday. I wanted a GOOD single cell LED for keychain..to replace my Energizer button cell. The 1L will fit nicely in there for a grab and go light. Of course, there's more I'll have to buy....but later. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The 1L is GIANT if you are considering it as a pocket light!

Some knife holsters (from a cheap Old Timer 470T from Walmart for me) hold the 1L pretty good.

Keychain light = ARC AAA. Infinity Ultra at the outside!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
unclearty said:
...I have a huge backyard that aims towards a state forest, so I sit on my deck and aim different lights out at the trees...

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky man! Welcome to CPF.

Brightnorm