Dropped my LSH-P the other day :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikNYC

Newly Enlightened
The other day I my LSH-P (factory 2nd) fell out my pocket onto my garage floor and put two nicks in the finish. I was a bit surprised at this. I dropped it once before at a gas station as I was getting out the car and it suffered no damage at all. I guess the finish is not as tough as I thought? Oh well, it gives the light character now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On another note, I received an Arc AAA that I ordered from Vicomptel (very fast service BTW). I actually bought it for my wife so she has something to EDC on her keys. It's not as bright as I thought it would be but after comparing it to a few AAA mags I have laying around it blows them away. I also bought her a Brinkman Legend LX to keep in her car so I figure she should be set either way. One small and VERY reliable EDC light that she will have on her all the time (ARC AAA) and an inexpensive but very bright and good throwing lithium light to keep in her car for (Legend LX)

JackBlades

Enlightened
HA III is abrasion resistant, but it is applied (in this case) to a material that is quite soft by comparison. Any sinificant impact with hard surface will deform the base metal and flake the coating.

If it makes you feel better, I dropped my LSH-P on the garage floor and chipped it as well....(tiny little speck)

The cool thing is they still WORK after you're done cussing yourself!

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
ditto....i've dropped mine numerous times. the worst so far is a 2 metre drop that put a rather ugly dent in the bezel that noticeably deformed the metal there, but it still works as good as new /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

maybe we should start a thread on damaged and used arc LS's, and we could post pictures of them. i'd post pictures of mine but i don't have a decent digital camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.