• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Wave of Makai 6V (2x123)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
9-21-12: Hi guys, I am now have more of the Makai heads.

DSC_4521.jpg

Hi guys,
This thread is an offering for the Ti Makai as detailed below.

MakaiAssy-3D-X-Section.jpg

This offering is for a Makai head that includes a Buck 3S converter designed to run on ~4-9 volt battery supply and drives the LED at ~1000 mA

The Makai 6V Head is $345 + postage

If you want to get a complete light you can go for a

Makai 6V -2x123 which would be $575 + postage

These lights are available on first come first serve basis; as determined by e-mail orders I receive which are clear, concise and include the must have information:

In the subject line of the E-mail please state: Makai 6V (+ 2x123 if you want a complete light I.E. Makai 6V-2x123)
Your CPF name
(if you have one)
Your real name and mailing address
phone number if international shipment
Any exceptions to standard shipping, which is priority mail.
If the shipment is domestic and you want insurance, please so state. (No insurance offered on international shipments)*

For my general info on how I process these offerings, please refer to THIS THREAD. For more information on the Makai, please review THIS THREAD.

All of these lights sport some tool marks and various cosmetic singularities. Some may be obvious and some you may need to look closely for.

If you receive one of these lights and decide that it does not meet your expectation then you can either lower your expectations or simply send the light back for a full refund. I won't offer an exchange for probably obvious reasons. (please don't abuse this offer)

Like all of my Ti lights, the Makai is designed to be sealed from the environment and external pressure but I make no claim or suggestion that it is a dive or underwater light.

Thanks guys! :bow:

* shipping is via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation or Global Priority mail. If you wish shipping via an alternative method, or signature confirmation or insurance on domestic shipments only, please specify in your e-mail order. If you want insurance, I will also add the expense and option of signature confirmation to your shipment.

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi again,
I want to add that I have a baker's dozen of these already assembled and ready to go. I have no idea what the initial response or demand for these will be. I am low on 2x123 paks at present but there are plenty that have been on order for a while now. No ETA on them and if demand exceeds what I have on hand, there will be a delay before this wave can resume with the Makai 6v -2x123 complete light.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's all in the timing - Don posted this right when I started cloning my 500 gb laptop HD (8 hours later it was done) and it looks like the heads are pretty much spoken for...

I'm out of funds in my PP account anyway with what I owe for some projects. Timing!

Looking forward to getting one of these in 2 months. Already have 2 of the 2x123 clicky paks....

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
I still haven't processed all of the requests and do need to get some more assembly done in order to do so but should be able to get these out today.

One thing I failed to comment on was the identification of a 6V LE. I think it will be clear to you guys getting them and I should probably take pic and get it posted for the "record". At any rate, I have used orange and black lead wires to the LED which you can see looking down through the reflector. On the back end, I have painted two nail polish dots instead of a single one and I have engraved 6V crudely into the contact PCB which you can see. Obviously the harm is not in putting one of these LE's in a 3V host but putting a 3V LE into a 6V host!!! :green:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don, does the 6v head produce any usable light at 3v?

Any estimate on lumen output?

Thanks! :thumbsup: