SureFire A2L 17670 compatible?

Brigadier

Enlightened
Tried searching for some info on running a SF A2L on a 17670, but didn't find any definitive answers. I just bought an A2L of CPFMP, and I have a couple 17670's laying around doing nothing, so it was wondering..........

TIA

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's anything like it's predecessor... only standard Lithium primaries (CR123a) will fit ;)

That A2L was super tempting wasn't it? :thumbsup:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my A2L-RD last week (off the MP as well). Been using it pretty regularly the last week, and haven't really seen a need for R/C's in it. Seems pretty efficient to use the low for 90% of the tasks, and the high when needed. But, if you find yourself using the high 90% of the time, you might want to look at getting a newer L4 (Seoul P2). These things aren't sweet looking though, and feel awesome in the hand!

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tried searching for some info on running a SF A2L on a 17670, but didn't find any definitive answers. I just bought an A2L of CPFMP, and I have a couple 17670's laying around doing nothing, so it was wondering....
I also have the SF A2L and the LX2 also (both use the same battery tube.
I tried in both lights protected AW17670 cells. But thed did not fit. The diameter of the battery tube was a little to small. I did not want to use more force to put the 17670 cell into the tube.
Therefore I tried a protected AW14670 cell. This cell fits in the tube (a 16670 would fit also, but is not available...). The LX2 worked and if I remember correctly the A2L worked also. The LX2 was not as bright if I remember correctly. If there is an interest I can try it again today.
Best regards
WoL

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday I tried my A2L out with LiIon 17670 cells :huh:

Tried searching for some info on running a SF A2L on a 17670 but didn't find any definitive answers.
Protected AW17670 does not fit in the battery tube. The diameter of the cell is to large. Even with more force there is no way using protected AW17670, the cell diameter is not small enough. Other 17670 cells with a smaller diameter size may work.

I just bought an A2L of CPFMP, and I have a couple 17670's laying around doing nothing, so it was wondering..........
What cells were you using, my AW17670 did not fit in the tube? I tried after the AW17670 did not have the correct size a protected AW14670 cell. This cell fits in the battery tube, and the A2L works with no problems on both levels. It was also the same with my LX2.

Hope this helped!

Last edited: