Quark 123 Tactical or Olight T-10?

HIDblue

Enlightened
I'm trying to decide between the Quark 123 Tactical and the Olight T-10 for pocket EDC carry.

Both use the XP-G R5 emitter, both have a forward clicky, the Quark puts out 206 OTF and the Olight puts out 230 (probably at the emitter) so output is roughly the same, both are roughly the same size, and both accept rechargeables.

A major difference seems to be that the Quark is programmable while the Olight has preset levels. I've owned Olights and they tend to be pretty durable and reliable, but I've never owned a Quark.

So, given the similarities, which one would you buy? And why? Thanks a bunch.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both should be good lights. The Quark will have the better ui and a lower low. I am not sure about brightness, but my Olight T20R5 was Much brighter than my Quark Turbo 123a2 R5

Xak

Enlightened
I say Quark, and I say go for the QAA instead if the Q123. The QAA can take 14500 that has the same voltage as the RCR123 only more capacity, uses the same charger, and being an EDC if you do run out of juice you can always scarf up any old AA somewhere (far more abundant than a CR123). It is not noticeably bigger than the Q123 in the pocket and fits the hand much better. Just as bright, longer runtime, far more practical as an EDC in everyday life. I have QAA, Q123, and Q123^2. They all carry the same. The Q123 is almost to small in the hand for tactical, SHTF, OMG situations. IMHO, of course.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Thanks for the input woodrow and Xak!

Xak, you brought up some really good points. I think I may have to put the Quark AA regular in the mix for consideration. Seems like it would probably fit my hand better as well. :thumbsup: