My new keychain light

jellydonut

Enlightened
I got a new keychain light today. Although not usually considered by people shopping for keychain lights, this one has it all. It's got a simple, one-mode magnetic switch, a bright-enough beam, good battery life and nice type III anodizing. Although it is made in Asia rather than in the US, don't let this fool you. This light has what it takes!

89872285.jpg

No, wait.. That's not it..

2rxxlp0.jpg

Here I have placed some common lights along with the CR123 battery for size comparisons. Even though 1xCR123 is the common solution for keychain lights this light utilizes its own proprietary rechargeable battery pack, which should save some money in the long term.

2uz2j9v.jpg

Certain sacrifices have to be made in order to pocket carry this light, but as we all know in the community this is part of the EDC lifestyle. In addition, this carry method has the advantage of showing everyone your new purchase, much like driving through the neighborhood in a new signal red Ferrari. Everyone will stare, most in envy, very few in disbelief.

Will it replace your Quark AA? I dare say so.

jellydonut

Enlightened
It's a Polarion PH-40 HID, and I can't wait to stretch its luminous legs for the first time when it gets dark tonight.:devil:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
No offense intended, Jelly. Just thought it might get you more pocket space for that bad boy. :laughing:

Actually, dummy me had no idea that was a serious light. Bet it really lights things up.

Geoff

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see it has a built in lens down pocket clip. That is a nice feature so that it doesn't roll around at the bottom of your pocket and makes it easier to access.
:)

~UB~

Newly Enlightened
Keep your twins warm in the winter if it turns on...:devil:

Lucciola

Enlightened
Is there a risk of self-activation in the pocket?

That would be some HOT POCKETS! :devil:

Lucciola

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure gives new meaning to the phrase, "Hey, is that a flashlight in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?":D

And I thought my keychain SF M6 that I carry sometimes was great. Your keychain Polarion has me beat big-time!:eek:

jellydonut

Enlightened
I see yours also has a practical pocket clip. Surefire and Polarion 'get' the needs of keychain light users.lovecpf

Lucciola

Enlightened
Oh how blind I have been! This is exactly the kind of keychain light I need! What a wonderful world it must be with such a light on the keychain!

NEVER misplace your key again and not finding it in the morning when you're already late for work. Additionally this one will certainly not end up accidentaly in the washing machine.

And I would prepared for incidents which my current keychain light can not handle:
  • Bulb in a lighthouse defect? Take out your keychain light!
  • Power outage in the stadium during superbowl? Take out your keychain light!
  • Scotty can't get the damn transporter beam running to beam up Kirk and Spock? Take out your keychain light!
Man, you're a genius. You have given EDC preparedness a truly new meaning! I gotta have one of those. :naughty:

Lucciola

Oh and -uhm- by the way:
lovecpf