Anyone have a SST-50 Solarforce L2x yet?

shipwreck

Enlightened
Anyone have a SST-50 Solarforce L2x yet? I've looked and only saw a review of the new L2x body - but not of the entire light with this drop in....

shipwreck

Enlightened
Also debating getting the L2X with the SST drop in OR the L2X body with that 493 lumen ThruNite (400 OTF lumens) drop in...

Which way do you guys think is best? It would be about the same price either way....

oef24

Newly Enlightened
I have one on the way and I received my ThruNite 400 OTF drop-in last night. I was on the fence as to which way to go also so I ordered both. Now I can compare and see which I prefer. The price was good so I figured the drop-in could always go in an older 6P incan. I'll let you know what I think when it arrives.

O

shipwreck

Enlightened
Ok. I am thinking of ordering 1 or the other today.

I'm starting to lean towards the drop in. I've read some various SST50 and ThruNite drop in related posts (all I could find) - and it seems that with the size of the small reflector, there may not be much difference. And, heat from the SST50 would probably be an issue faster on a light this size compared with the ThruNite dropin....

oef24

Newly Enlightened
I think you made a good choice. I compared the Thrunite with an SST-50 drop-in that I have and there is not much of a difference to the eye.

O

righttoown

Newly Enlightened
Caught you Shipwreck, over here ordering more lights.:whistle: :cool: Let us know how that drop in works out.

Last edited:

shipwreck

Enlightened
I think you made a good choice. I compared the Thrunite with an SST-50 drop-in that I have and there is not much of a difference to the eye.

O

Thanks for the info - I did as much digging as I could with limited info - I think that was the way to go too :)

shipwreck

Enlightened
Well, I ended up returning the ThruNite drop in. I didn't like the shade of light it produced, and in my eyes, it did not match the flood and throw of the Eagletac P20C2 Mk II (witch is more of a floody light than a thrower, so it should be somewhat of a fair comparison).

I am just going to put a standard R2 solarforce drop in in the L2x.

However, anyone able to take a screen shot comparison of that Thrunite drop in with the SST50?

I don't think (from what I have read) that 2 cells can throw up enough power to do a whole lot with the SST50. What do you guys think?