LED light in the $150 price range

stat2010

Newly Enlightened
I am new to this board and I am looking to purchase a new LED flashlight in the $150 price range. I am leaning towards the Fenix TK 45. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else is out there? I have mostly Streamlight flashlights now.

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
Depending on your requirements, check out the HDS range of flashlights at http://hdssystems.com/?id=Products
They have a reputation for versatility, quality, long run times, and bombproofness. You can pick up a micro-controlled, fully-programmeable, 4 mode light for $99 (120lumen), $139 (140lumen) and $189 (170 lumen).

Cheers and :welcome:

p.s. btw, I'm not affiliated in any way.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
First off, :welcome:.

The TK45 is an awesome light. You might also want to look at Jetbeam, Eagletac, Olight, and Sunwayman brands too if your looking for a high powered light. There are lots and lots of cool lights out there!

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely the HDS lights. If you're gonna spend $150, that's what you go for. They are very high quality, have great warranty, a great user interface, and the switch on them can last millions of presses (many flashlight switches will break rather easily).

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, you need to tell us what you are looking for in a light before we can suggest a light. The Tk45 runs on AA batteries - do you only want a light that runs on AA? Would you use Cr123a, rcr123a, 18650, eneloops, 14500, etc batteries? The TK45 is a very floody light - do you only want floody lights are do you want something where the beam travels farther (more throw)? What size light - the TK45 is pretty big - is that the size you are looking for?

As people suggest, HDS are nice lights bet they are in a different world from a TK45. It is like saying you want to buy an Ford F350 and somebody tells you to buy a Audi TT. They are completely different lights so you need to give us more info on what you are looking for.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Maybe this thread could be merged with the other thread of yours on the same topic....? :oops: