Quark Mini AA^2 broken clip screw

TKD

Newly Enlightened
So I got my Quark Mini AA^2 a couple days ago. When I tried to remove the pocket clip, one screw snapped in half and is now jammed in the tail cap. I contacted 4sevens and they asked me why I tried to remove the pocket clip?!?! WTF?!?! They also told me they loctited the screws. I don't understand their logic, why loctite screws on a pocket clip you know the user will eventually remove? Isn't the point of using screws is to have the clip removable? Anybody Quark Mini AA^2 owners have this problem? Am I being unreasonable? WTF!?!?! I'm very disappointed.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I got my Quark Mini AA^2 a couple days ago. When I tried to remove the pocket clip, one screw snapped in half and is now jammed in the tail cap. I contacted 4sevens and they asked me why I tried to remove the pocket clip?!?! WTF?!?! They also told me they loctited the screws. I don't understand their logic, why loctite screws on a pocket clip you know the user will eventually remove? Isn't the point of using screws is to have the clip removable? Anybody Quark Mini AA^2 owners have this problem? Am I being unreasonable? WTF!?!?! I'm very disappointed.

The point of having screws is so that the clip will be attached to said light. You're looking at it all backwards. I'm sure without the loctite the screws would find their way loose and then they would have a bunch of angry customers because all the clips are falling off. If they should assume every customer is going to remove the clip then why put it on in the first place? I'm sorry you are disappointed but I do think you are being a bit unreasonable. :shrug:

BTW :welcome: Officially that is.

TKD

Newly Enlightened
The point of having screws is so that the clip will be attached to said light. You're looking at it all backwards. I'm sure without the loctite the screws would find their way loose and then they would have a bunch of angry customers because all the clips are falling off. If they should assume every customer is going to remove the clip then why put it on in the first place? I'm sorry you are disappointed but I do think you are being a bit unreasonable. :shrug:

BTW :welcome: Officially that is.
Update:

4Sevens contacted me and they will send me a new tail cap. :twothumbs

I explained the situation to them and I believe the key to this was that there was not documentation regarding the pocket clip not removable. 4Sevens has corrected this, check out their website you'll see the update regarding the Quark Mini AA^2

I don't think I'm being unreasonable, to a layman like myself, if there are screws on a pocket clip I may or may not remove the clip if I decide too. Just like the pocket clips on knives, they're all removable. I understand using loctite to secure the pocket clip but there needs to be DOCUMENTATION, I did not know the clip was NOT removable.
Now I know why you guys like 4Sevens so much, they really do listen to their customers and correct what needs to be corrected. Great job
4Sevens!!

OCD

Enlightened
Does that means if the clip gets mangled some how they will replace the light since the clip isn't removable/replaceable? :thinking:

entoptics

Enlightened
I fall on the side of WTF??!!

Having the option to remove or keep the clip is a big selling point, and I don't see why they would be annoyed at a customer for applying a screwdriver to a screw. For goodness sakes, isn't that a natural instinct? Give a man a hammer and everything starts to look like a nail...

I do agree with the loctite though, as long as it's the blue strength. Applying a little heat with a hair dryer will allow the screws to come out.

Either way, good work on 4Seven's part for replacing the tailcap as well as changing their documentation.