SC3 Spares Carrier for E2e - Info/Pic

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received one from Surefire. Holds 4 SF123A batteries and an MN01/02/03 bulb.

Here's a pic to whet your appetite:

surefire_sc3_open.jpg

Don't ask, I don't know when they'll be available for purchase. Batteries and bulbs are, of course, not included. Full review coming soon! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Re: SC3 Spares Carrier for E2e - Picture

Quickbeam,

I hate you, I hate you, I hate and I hate you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif This is just the thing us "E" people have been waiting for and I think I'll give SF a call right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

When might we see another one of your excellent reviews on this apparently fine product?

Edit: I just called SF inquiring and Esther said there is no release date and no pricing either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif Googlie-mooglie!

FNG

Enlightened

Is it the same size as the other Spares Carrier's?

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't have the other ones, but there is no way a carrier of this diameter could carry 6 batteries, so it must be smaller. 2 3/16" at it's widest point (minus the clip attachement points).

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmmm... The A2 lamp assembly fits in the bulb holder, but touches the top of the cap when it's not quite snug all the way down. Perhaps it would be OK if I snugged it down, but I only have one A2 lamp and don't want to risk breaking it. Shaving the tiniest amount off of the top of the bulb holder fingers would be easy with a file and would ensure a safe fit. This thing is NICE! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS: Emailing PK to find out if it's OK to tighten down on the A2 assembly. Watch this space.

pk

Photon King

Just approved injection tool.
No cost has been set.
Please give a month or so for production delivery.
You know how this thing goes...

Doug, Yes you could tighten lid with MN01/MN02/mn03/MA02 bulbs in it.
Size: 2.20 O.D. x 1.90 high. Polycarbonate construction.

Thanks,
pk

McGizmo

Flashaholic

It comes with the cool new lanyard too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Flashlightboy

Enlightened

PK,

You da man, once again. This is a very nice accessory and I expect that it will be in high demand. I would've ordered 5 of them today if Esther had any in stock.

Well done.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

You can say that again Glow Bug. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I don't have a SureFire or any other spares carrier.

grnamin

Enlightened

I wonder if Surefire will make a spares carrier for the L series lights. Since you don't have to carry a spare bulb, maybe the form factor can be reduced.

pahl

Enlightened

Very nice,
How about a holder for batteries only and no LA.
Same type of holder, but maybe 5 batteries around the outside and one in the center were the LA normally goes.

Brock

Flashaholic

The only thing I have to complain to PK about is that you have to take the lamp out to get the batteries out. Not a big deal. I suppose it would get bigger if you made it so you could get the lamp out. So never mind I like it this way, smaller is better. That is until I break or drop a lamp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic

If you look at the SC3, the space required for the LA really isn't that much and a battery carrier only would be only slightly smaller and shorter, if at all. This SC3 has been needed for years and I wouldn't hold my breath on another carrier sans LA holder. Just MHO. If you have a LED light, you can put a spare battery tube O-ring in the hole; bend it like a V-belt and stick it in the hole. Heck, I think that's what the center hole is for anyway! It just happened that a LA would fit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very cool indeed! I well need a couple of those to leave in my desk at work and in my glovebox. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

Super! Been waiting on that for years. Ah yes - a spare LA. In just a few short years that'll be just a quaint memory. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In what year will we have the first spare H2 cannister carrier do you suppose?