Fenix TK11 staying "on"??? Help!

rhino465

Newly Enlightened
Apologies if this has been addressed in another topic. I did some searching, but didn't see anything that was obviously about my problem. If there is such a topic, a pointer/link would be appreciated.

Okay . . . last week I was bragging to a buddy that I had a brande new TK11 on the way (the one rated for 285 lumens), which was to be a replacement for my orginal TK11. He mentioned that the TK11 he'd recently purchased (upon my recommendation) that after the light was supposed to be off, the LED was still producing a faint glow. I told him that mine (the original) didn't do it, and forgot about it.

This week I was checking my new TK11 while I was getting ready to leave the house. Lo and behold, after I pumped the switch one time, the LED emitter was giving a faint glow when the light should have been "off." I loosened the tailcap just a little and the glow went away, but then the light would not function reliably until I retightened the cap.

I sent an email to the vendor and they were very prompt about responding. They suggest that I tighten the thing inside the tailcap. I tried this, but it did not help. After some thinkin', I tried a tailcap from my older light on the new TK11. It fixed the problem.

So . . . I'm led to believe that the tailcap/switch on my new TK11 is defective or needs some kind of adjustment that is not obvious to me. Do I need a new tailcap assembly, or is there something I can do the one I have to make it work properly?

Thanks!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you try tightening down the switch retaining ring? Sounds like it could be loose also if that is not the problem go ahead and disassemble the tailcap and switch and then reassemble it. That sounds pointless but I have read it has worked for other members with certain light's.

Good luck and if all else fails just return it and get a new one.

rhino465

Newly Enlightened
Did you try tightening down the switch retaining ring? Sounds like it could be loose also if that is not the problem go ahead and disassemble the tailcap and switch and then reassemble it. That sounds pointless but I have read it has worked for other members with certain light's.

Good luck and if all else fails just return it and get a new one.

Thanks for the reponse!

That was the initial suggestion from the vendor, which I tried. It didn't help. They have already shipped the internal parts of the tailcap to me, so I think I'll be good to go in a few days when that arrives.

Niko32

Newly Enlightened
I had a similar issue with my tk11 and the above mentioned posts are the way to go. I took apart the tailcap and cleaned it and made sure it was really tight with forceps. It has been working fine ever since.

Latest posts