ARC LS switch problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike75

Newly Enlightened
Help me please, I don't know what is going on, but my ARC LS is not functioning as it was before: each time I press the switch - I get the full brightness light, but as I let it go - it turns at least twice dimmer... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif((
Any ideas why this is happening?
Thanks!

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike75,

Does this happen with a new battery? Have you tried changing batteries. Sometimes I've heard that certain brands of 123s can contain duds, which though they are new, are not charged.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
its most probably the switch...i've had one kroll crap out on me so far. with a brand new battery it would exhibit the same problem mike described. you can either change the switch or clean it up a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its the springs in the Kroll switch fouling up. The one on my Mclux recently started doing the same thing, so i opened it up, wiped everything down, then covered everyithing with a good coat of conductive grease. Problem solved.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
kakster: do you think i could use petroleum jelly on the springs? i recall reading somewhere that it helps prevent oxidation and is a little conductive as well. thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.