Cheap UV torch wanted.

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know whether this thread is in the right section.

I would like a small , possibly single AA or AAA or 123 UV torch ... Some have a white light with some UV content but I would prefer a "black-light" if possible.

I might consider a dropin for one of my Solarforce L2's if necessary but would really prefer a small single-cell pocket torch.

Just wondering if there are any (cheap and good) on KD or DX that would do the job.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I don't know whether this thread is in the right section.

I would like a small , possibly single AA or AAA or 123 UV torch ... Some have a white light with some UV content but I would prefer a "black-light" if possible.

I might consider a dropin for one of my Solarforce L2's if necessary but would really prefer a small single-cell pocket torch.

Just wondering if there are any (cheap and good) on KD or DX that would do the job.

It depends on what "the job" is. I have a 1AAA uv light with 5 UV leds that puts out light and a 4AA black fluorescent light with a ~4watt type tube in it.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
for just "black light "effect you'll be fine with any cheap uv multi led on sale almost everywhere, for 1-5 usd, if you need something closer to true uv get uv with wavelength less than 385nm, there is a seller on e bay that sells those, i bought like 5 of his lights over time, i use them for mods, his lights are called 9 leds forensic uv light, that is one of the few uv led lights that have 385 nm range, it is like $20. there is a big difference between those and cheap 400nm+ lights.
there is also inova uv 5 led light that uses nichia *(iirc) leds, they are 365nm, very hard to find wavelength in led form. those lights are like$50.
or you can get true uv, for about 20 bucks, go to pet store and buy urine gone kit, it has bottle of spray cleaner, and 4" fluorescent light, that runs on 4AA,
it is expensive to make true\deep uv leds, so the lower nm range , the more expensive they are, leds below 300nm run for about $200 each and more.
fluorescent otoh are great for producing deepest uv, for dirt cheap

Last edited:

])3\/!|_])/\])

Newly Enlightened
I have the KD 3W UV drop in as well as a cheap 9 led 3x AAA UV light. The 3x AAA light might have a slightly lower wavelength. However, it has only a fraction of the output of the 3W drop in. I know I am new here, but I recommend the 3W drop in for the novelty of having a UV flashlight.