Fenix LD10 rattles -> how bad is that?

llama-power

Newly Enlightened
Hi folks,

I've been browsing this forum for quite some time now, but this is my first post, so "Hello from Germany":)

Reason for my post is: a friend of mine just got me a Fenix LD10 for my birthday and also bought one for herself. It's a fantastic light and I really love it, but we are a bit worried about the light my friend kept. First, the tint of the lights differ a lot, mine is pretty blue while hers has a more greenish tint.
This wouldn't be so bad, but the greenish light also rattles when I shake it gently. That noise appears to come from inside the sealed head (if I unscrew the head and shake it, it rattles). The blueish light doesn't make any noise at all.

The rattling itself does not really bug either of us, but we don't want a semi-broken light that gives up on us the first time we drop it. Therefor my question: What could possibly rattle in the ld10's head, and is that something that could lead to a bigger problem or is it just a noise you would live with?

I'd appreciate any comment on this issue and I'm interested in if you'd keep the light or not.

llama-power

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Glad you've formally joined us here. Welcome.

Does the light rattle with the head screwed down? If it only does this when opened, then the "pill" is loose. Using slim tweezers/forceps you might be able to tighten it. I'm not familiar with this particular light, but I've had this problem with another. It might not really be a serious problem, as long as the head is making good contact with the body tube.

Good luck.

Geoff

llama-power

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys:)

@Flying Turtle: the light does rattle with battery installed and everything screwed on as tight as possible. Also, with the head unscrewed I can hold the head with my thumb pressing on the front lens and my index finger pressing onto the pcb and its still rattling.

Looking at the pictures in this thread I can't see anything that I'd want to be loose in my flashlight, so I guess we'll have to return that light and hope for a fast replacement...:)

Again: thank you very much:)

Latest posts