My Flashlight Choices

Toulouse42

Enlightened
Good morning all.

New member here, so I thought it might be interesting to tell you what flashlight choices I have made based mostly on reading CPF over the last couple of years.

My EDC - A Fenix LOD with a Lithium battery attached to my keychain. So long as I'm dressed, it is with me at all times. It proved useful last week when I was in a mens room and did not realise that the light was on a timer. Suddenly it was pitch black, and without the LOD, I would not even know where the light switch was.

In my car - A Fenix P3D with spare batteries plus an Inova Bolt 2L in the trunk.

In my backpack (to and from work) - Fenix P3D with spare batteries. So long as I'm going to or from work, I have access to 4 flashlights plus spare batteries.

If I'm going out in the car and expect to be out late, I take one of several flashlights depending on the time of year and whether I have a coat. My preference is for single cell flashlights, such as the Surefire E1B or the Eagletac P10A. It could also be one of the Eagletac P10C, Surefire ED2L, or Fenix TK20. If I'm going out walking, it will be at least two of these.

I just recently discovered the Zebralight SC50 and I really like this one for walking around the house at night. The low low of 0.7 lumens proves that you really don't need much light to see with when its really dark.

My family aren't really flashlight people ("someone" threw away some rechargeables of mine because they had "gone flat"), so around the home, I have a Maglite 4d with a Terralux dropin, A Mag 2C with the same dropin, and a Streamlight TwinTask with a single CR123A battery. My family don't get to use 2x CR123A flashlights much because of the concerns about venting etc.

There are others but these are the ones I check regularly.

Based upon the excellent advice in CPF, I bought a decent battery tester (ZTS) and I check all the batteries regularly and never mix lithiums for any reason.

I've learned a lot from you all - keep up the good work.

lovecpf

Last edited:

BarryG

Enlightened
I can relate to the potty experience:huh:, had one of my own a few years back when the power went out and since then I always have a light on me 24/7.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one with that experience!

Barry