First Surefire - made it a good'n

Dalmore

Newly Enlightened
So, I pondered for a long while about getting a surefire then finaly took the plunge.
grinser2.gif
I've only gone and ordered an oveready white bored 6p host with a triple Cree XP-G dropin and an a-19 extender
broke.gif
also got a Zero Resistance Z41. I really cant wait for it to arrive.
The thing is i am new to the hobby and the various batteries you can use has confused me with regards to run times and power output(mainly if you use the bored 6p without an extender).I have read and understand which batteries NOT to use. I plan on using 2 x AW 18490 (18500) Lithium Manganese (IMR) rechargeable batteries with the extender but not sure what batteries to use without it. I guess what i'm after is for some of you experienced guys to recommend me two sets of batteries, one set for max power and another set for good run times or a good mix of both - with an extender and without. I have done searches but i am so unexperienced with most batteries i just dont know what i'm looking for so any help would be much appreciated. One last thing does anyone know if oveready assemble the flashlight or do you do it yourself? Cheers.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
With 2 cells the current will be well below 2A on each.

Thus; you dont really need IMR 18500's. Since you are kinda new at this just get the protected black jacketed AW 18500. It has over-discharge protection and you get a little more runtime out of your combo.

I use primarily IMR 18500, IMR 18650, IMR 26500, IMR 16340, and IMR 26650 because my lights are at least 2A~10A and I need them.

Good luck,
bigC