Flashaholics of the Northern Hemisphere Celebrate!!!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tonight starts the Autumnal Equinox!

Dust off your incans, the nights get longer from here on out!

We had our 1st fog in the Big Sac the other day.

It's the Season of the Incan!!!

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh man, thanks for the reminder that it's soon to be -30 outside. :p

A tip that I learned from last year: don't breathe into your hands to warm them up and then grab the 6P that's been in the uninsulated pocket on your coat (that's been outside for over an hour). Or... at least make sure you grab it with your thumb over the button, otherwise you've just got a light stuck to your hand that you can't even turn on. :)

hoongern

Enlightened
Tonight starts the Autumnal Equinox!

Dust off your incans, the nights get longer from here on out!

We had our 1st fog in the Big Sac the other day.

It's the Season of the Incan!!!

What's with the dusting off? I've already been using mine before this!! :D

Truth be told, I still prefer the 'big incan' in the sky... i.e. the sun.

(And, for those interested, at the sun's [big incan] highest point today/tomorrow, the angle between it and the zenith - right above you, directly corresponds to your latitude)

jellydonut

Enlightened
My Polarion arrived the day before.. There's a reason it was fashionably late in customs. It knew exactly when to arrive.:twothumbs

Usually we have one hour of sunlight here in December but the only minutes without sunlight this year will be when the Polarion is charging.:crackup:

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
JellyDonut...where you at? I am chillin' in Trondheim. Just turned my light on high...can you see it? If not, I guess you are way north of me. :)

Yeah, I am looking forward to the early nights (here, sun up is just after 10AM, and it's pitch black again by 3:30PM) of the winter again.

The summers here get old, what with no darkness for nearly three months. I am always happy when the darkness comes back. (I am happy when it leaves again, too.)

I just bought my first custom two weeks ago (McGizmo Makai), and I plan to cut up the night all winter with it.

obi

Last edited:

Waspy

Newly Enlightened
Tonight starts the Autumnal Equinox! ..........the nights get longer from here on out!.......

Er...Kelmo, don't meant to psis on your cornflakes but the nights actually started getting longer since the Summer Solstice on 21 June.

Last edited:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
My McGizmo Haiku works just fine in the fog!!

But yes, WAHOOOO to Fall!!!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Er...Kelmo, don't meant to psis on your cornflakes but the nights actually started getting longer since the Summer Solstice on 21 June.

I is a college graduate...

Here's a late welcome to CPF!

Wiltshire, are you across the pond?

Waspy

Newly Enlightened
Here's a late welcome to CPF!

Thank you.

Wiltshire, are you across the pond?

Indeed I am, from the county where, in ancient times, the Summer Solstice was once celebrated (and still is actually, but nowadays the celebrants are a bunch of hippies and weirdos).

female_druids.jpg

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you.

Indeed I am, from the county where, in ancient times, the Summer Solstice was once celebrated (and still is actually, but nowadays the celebrants are a bunch of hippies and weirdos).

female_druids.jpg

Druid Babes!

Who is the bald guy staring in the background?! Must be a Saxon!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
:laughing:

I'm in incan guy, but incans are even better in the winter. They don't fade out as much from all the ambient light from the snow, and the bright yellow-orange light makes me feel warmer.

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Days getting shorter...... dark getting darker.....

Started using my lights back in August for 5am doggy jaunt

Started using lights this past week for the 7 pm doggy jaunt

I'll start packing a light kit for the 4 pm doggy trail jaunt come late Nov....

which means nearly 2 hrs / day per light [carry extra batteries!]

Brigadier

Enlightened
Ah yes, time to start thinking about lighting up the car when going out to it after work. People are always amazed that I would shine a light in my car to check for intruders waiting to jump you. Our office parking lot is NOT secure. And it is in a bad neighborhood.