What lights are available with high-CRI emitters?

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I've completely fallen in love with the light from my High-CRI Ra Clicky and was thinking what other lights are there that would give me equally beautiful light?

Searching the forums shows me that lots of people will mod a light with a high CRI emitter, but only the Ra Clicky and McGizmo Sundrop seem to come with these emitters.

Are there other lights with high-CRI as a standard option?

--flatline

fyrstormer

Banned
I think the Ra Clicky/Twisty is the only commercially-available Hi-CRI LED flashlight right now. Veleno Designs may do a run of E-series drop-ins with Hi-CRI emitters, but there's nothing certain at this point.

Anyway, any light can have a Hi-CRI emitter in it if you're willing to pay to have one installed. That's why people inevitably migrate in the direction of custom lights eventually, because once you know what you want, it's easier to just ask for it instead of hoping a manufacturer guesses correctly.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyway, any light can have a Hi-CRI emitter in it if you're willing to pay to have one installed. That's why people inevitably migrate in the direction of custom lights eventually, because once you know what you want, it's easier to just ask for it instead of hoping a manufacturer guesses correctly.

Hmm...I've got an MG PLI with burned out emitter. Are there any high CRI emitters that can take 2.8A?

--flatline

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing from Nichia or SSC. There's been noise about high CRI P7s and SST-50s/90s for quite some time, but those have just been vapourware to date.:(