New EagleTac M3C4 will not take flat top 18650

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a new plastic washer which surrounds the positive contact point in the battery holder :shrug:(I assume to protect from reversed polarity). This was not present in the older version of the battery holder. Unless I'm missing something, this is yet another new light that can not use flat tops. The last few 18650 lights I've purchased don't work with flat tops (Maelstrom G5, Zebralight SC60, M3C4). I guess I need to find a new battery brand and ditch my AW 18650's :mecry:.

Anybody else get this light to work with flat tops?

On another note, I'm so glad all the disco modes are hidden in the new M3C4:thumbsup:.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
You can check the marketplace. There's a battery that has the same capacity 2600 & 2900mAh as the AW with botton top as compare to AW's flat top.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can check the marketplace. There's a battery that has the same capacity 2600 & 2900mAh as the AW with botton top as compare to AW's flat top.

I saw that. They are new and I have yet to see any tear downs or tests. The do use the Panasonic NCR for their 2900 cell just like AW.

Could you use some small magnets to replicate the raised contact?

I am worried that this would work its way out and cause a short in this side by side battery carrier.

Riverwind

Newly Enlightened
I'm afraid it's not this thread's topic, but... Are you happy with this light?. Do you have SST-50 or XP-G model?... and the most important question I have about this light...

...How this Eagletac compare with the Fenix TK-45 ! ??????? (In case anybody knows, pleeeeease!!!!...). Thanks!.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are 8 versions of the M3C4 :
XR-E R2 cool
XR-E Q4 warm
MC-E M cool
MC-E K neutral
XP-G R5 cool
XP-G neutral
SST-50 WJ cool
and SST-50 neutral
I have the M3C4 with the triple XR-E R2. I did not go with the SST-50 because I already have a floody M2C4 with the SSC P7. I did not go with the triple XP-G because I've used a TK45 and it was too floody for me. I figured the triple XP-G would be very floody in this light becasue the three seperate reflectors are not very big/deep for an XP-G. Overall it is a nice light.

lebox97

Enlightened
actually only 7 M3C4 models at the moment...
The XP-G Neutral is not available - and I have not heard a peep about when/if it might be...

:wave:
Tod

There are 8 versions of the M3C4 :
XR-E R2 cool
XR-E Q4 warm
MC-E M cool
MC-E K neutral
XP-G R5 cool
XP-G neutral
SST-50 WJ cool
and SST-50 neutral
I have the M3C4 with the triple XR-E R2. I did not go with the SST-50 because I already have a floody M2C4 with the SSC P7. I did not go with the triple XP-G because I've used a TK45 and it was too floody for me. I figured the triple XP-G would be very floody in this light becasue the three seperate reflectors are not very big/deep for an XP-G. Overall it is a nice light.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
If you have any of the original M2 lights, just swap out the battery caddys and your flat-tops will work. That worked for me. Regrettable design error by usually intelligent Eageletac designers.

Brightnorm

Last edited: