Question on pistol light from lightjunction

FlameOn

Enlightened
I came across this light on amazon...it looks like a good deal and has good reviews but Icna't find anything about it on the lightjunction website...any of you have this light and want to chime in? I am thinking of it as a house light for my P2000...I know streamlight and Surefire make the best duty gun lights, but this is a just in case light for a lot less money...:)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036S5W42/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Xak

Enlightened
I have a TLR3 on my M&Pc compact. Plenty bright, and fits a compact gun perfectly.

shipwreck

Enlightened
It might work fine. But I am on tons of gun forums and am into handguns and such. I have seen numerous posts over the years of CHEAPER lights and cheaper lasers either not holding their zero from the recoil (the cheap handgun lasers) or coming off the gun completely, when the gun is being fired (lights).

I personally would just save up the $99 and buy a TRL1. If you search around enough, you can find a good deal.

jellydonut

Enlightened
I would not mount a no-name light on a weapon. Not only is it not going to last or be particularly reliable/durable, if it's on a weapon it suddenly matters a whole lot more that it shouldn't fail!

Buy a cheap China light the next time you want a new handheld instead, to save up, and see if you can't find a used SF X200 or something to invest in.:sssh:

Of course, if you really want to skimp on a weaponlight, that's your decision to make.. Just trying to sway you here.

FlameOn

Enlightened
Thanks guys...I will probably just get the streamlight...the light from lightjunction is a hi-light and I saw some reviews of their regular lights on youtube and they seemed pretty hardy so I thought this might be too...I e-mailed lightjunction and they said they would answer any questions about it but that it wasn't on their site yet....

shipwreck

Enlightened
I have had a few weapon mounted lights in the past. Now, I prefer to have a separate light, instead of a pistol mounted on. I keep an eagletac on my nightstand - a T100C2 Mk II.

I used to keep a bright Inova on my nightstand, but the times I needed a light to find something in the middle of the night, I'd find that I was blinding myself when I just woke up. So, I like this T100 - The low setting is perfect for when you need to find something without going blind. And then I can crank it on turbo if I need to use it for an intruder.

I haven't bothered with a pistol mounted light in a couple of years.

FlameOn

Enlightened
I to keep an eagletac on my stand also (a P20Cll)...but I run the mobile range for at my station for the deputies and we have to shoot with a flashlight...the gun mounted scores are much higher than having the light in your hand since you can keep a good firm two hand hold on the weapon...also, when deps shoot with a flashlight in the other hand, it tends to go off target real easy...it's nice to have the light follow your bore...again, it's just for aHD gun...and would not replace my nightstand light, just compliment it...:)

BTW, this company sells it and they seem to list only quality lights...i would assume lightjunction wouldn't sell inferior products either..:)

http://www.longhorntactical.com/tafl.html

Last edited:

Newly Enlightened
I personally would just save up the $99 and buy a TRL1. If you search around enough, you can find a good deal.

+100, just pick one up from Lighthound for under $80 shipped.

Mounts perfect on my H&K USP Compact 45.