romisen upgrade?

s13tsilvia

Newly Enlightened
Hi All

I have a romisen RC-M4 which i dont use a lot mainly due to it using cr123 batteries, over here in aus they are still pretty pricey and i much prefer to use my fenix l2d instead matched with my zebra 501 headlamp.
But i need something portable and much brighter with plenty of throw and thought i could upgrade the romisen with a better drop in and maybe get a couple of 18650's . If im after mainly just throw what would be my best drop in module available.
I did some research and found that my model does use the p60 host.

Regards Josh

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
not sure what you are looking to spend, but "itc_shop" on ebay sells solarforce p60 dropins at very good prices. I think the R2 dropin with 3 modes would be a good choice or maybe the sst-50 dropin although I don't know much about the later, they are pretty new.

s13tsilvia

Newly Enlightened
Re: romisen p60 dropin help?

im looking to spend anywhere upto 40 bucks or so i guess, if anyone can point me to a good quality high lumen 350+ drop in with single stage mode that would be awesome!

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
and maybe get a couple of 18650's
regarding that battery choice, I'm pretty sure I've read that the RC-M4 works with *some* 18650s - and of course I'm completely unhelpful becaues I have no idea which ones. Maybe some are thicker than others? I think you'd be safer going with 17670s.

edit: found it - it's on Bryan's RC-M4 description at shiningbeam.com (just search for rc-m4 - I still don't know when links are appropriate here.)