Where are you guys getting your SST/SSR's?

Anto

Enlightened
I looked at photonfanatic's sales thread but there were only two 50 bins to choose from. I saw one FS on shiningbeam & some on AVnet.

Wondering if there was anywhere else to order from?

Thanks for the help.

Anthony

Lolaralph

Enlightened
i got mine from fellow CPFer Macscustoms, there is a sales thread going on now in the B/S/T forum i think. I believe that they may be the same bin you have already seen though

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anto,

If this is for a P60 build then you can order the SST-90 with no Star from photonphanatic (US Dealer). If you want the brightest and whitest tint you have to get the 65k tint, which are a pita to find. Fred at Photonfanatic has never had the SSR-90 65k when I looked/search for them only the 57k.
http://photonfanatic.com/ComponentsFS.html

The heat transfer is best if you could use a SSR-90 with star and bolt down the star with set-screws. My 3D Mag has a tiny spec of AS5 in the center of the 20mm Star and when you tightend the 3 screws that hold the LED the AS5 spill a bit from all sides.

AT 6.88A off 3 NiMH C cells I saw 2200ish OTF and 1900ish at 4min. copper heatsink.

I put different wires to add resistance and the current dropped to 4.88A, the lumens were less but this worked out cause I was able to use the light for 2 plus hours staight with no stop and cool ect... Im done with that job I had to do, so the wires that increase current(less resistance) are back in it now.

bigC

Last edited:

Fichtenelch

Enlightened
I ordered mine from 4sevens and recently i did some reflow soldering with a hot air gun on a cree star. fits pretty good and seems to work ;) didn't install it in a light yet.