P60 Drop In

Pegsmi98

Newly Enlightened
I have looked through the sticky above with all of the P60 drop in's available.

Besides the Malkoff drop in line are there any American made drop ins with as good a reputation as Malkoff?

nbp

Flashaholic
Nailbender and Moddoo are two members here that I know make very high quality dropins. You can check them out.

Shurefire

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I wanted to update this in case someone else was interested.

As for Nailbender/Customlites his drop-in's are assembled in the USA with US Made Cree LED's and mounting pads. He uses pills, reflectors and drivers from asia. This was per an email I sent about this very question.

Tiresius

Enlightened
Try EDC+ They've machined theirs out of solid copper and chemcoated to silver. They're close to the fitment of the stock Surefire 6P's gut. Just not as close as a custom pill I would make but nonetheless, it's all American made. Did I forget to mention? It's a triple drop-in.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Try EDC+ They've machined theirs out of solid copper and chemcoated to silver. They're close to the fitment of the stock Surefire 6P's gut. Just not as close as a custom pill I would make but nonetheless, it's all American made. Did I forget to mention? It's a triple drop-in.

The EDC+ triple is great. Since they "only" push 'em to 2A, you can actually run on Hi for a while without cooking things.
One that's machined a little tighter to the 6P is Mac's triple drop-in. He cuts and builds 'em here in the USA, but it's quite likely some of the components are sourced elsewhere. (I have not researched this for his, specifically.) Most of the electronics needed to power these guys just aren't made in the USA anymore. Even HDS has a similar disclaimer on their site.
Also, in the more "normal" realm, VinhNguyen54 does awesome work, too. He builds in the USA, but again, probably not all the components are locally sourced.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually it is pretty hard to make sure that everything is made & manufactured in US.
I am sure if the modder uses the regular reflector, pill, driver, thermal compound.. heck, even wires, might be made somewhere else.

My point is that, if those guys trust those parts to mod them & sell to us, I think we can trust their judgment. :thumbsup:

msim

Enlightened
Actually it is pretty hard to make sure that everything is made & manufactured in US.
I am sure if the modder uses the regular reflector, pill, driver, thermal compound.. heck, even wires, might be made somewhere else.

My point is that, if those guys trust those parts to mod them & sell to us, I think we can trust their judgment. :thumbsup:

+1

I have multiple Vinh and Nailbender drop ins and they work flawlessly!

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1

I have multiple Vinh and Nailbender drop ins and they work flawlessly!

Yeah, I have a mule from Vinh & thanks to my butter fingers, I've dropped my flashlight with his mule too many times.
But each time after a fall, the flashlight still works fine.
So yeah, :thumbup:...!

- JonK