Help choosing between 4 ......

H&K

Newly Enlightened
I really can't make up my mind between 4 different lights. I'm not very knowledgeable about flashlights, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the 4:

4Sevens Maelstrom G5

Olight M20 R5

Jetbeam RRT-2 (300 lumens model)

Tiablo A9 R5 (might have counted this one out)

Any info really appreciated!!!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not tried the Maelstrom but among the other I really like the RRT-2 (XR-R2 version). If your interested JetbeamUSA is offering the RRT-2 at a very good price with discount code.

The offer will expire when their current stock is out and I imagine the XR-E might expire as well to make way for the XP-G models so get one while you can. The XR-E in this light is the way to go, IMO.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you looking for something that's focused on throw (Maelstrom and A9) or something that has more a combo of throw and spill (M20 and RRT-2)? Of course, the combo would compromise throw for the spill. What do you plan to use the light for? I find a too tight, throw-oriented beam is not very useful for most situations (though I do have dedicated throw lights that I use to spot what's making a noise in the distance).
If you're considering the Olight M20, also look at the EagleTac T20C2 mkII. They look almost identical, but have different circuits.
Pick what your intended use is first and we can help narrow your choices (or offer additional ones) from there.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
As JSR said, more info about your intended use of the light will get you better advice.

That aside, I'm partial to the Jetbeam lights. The RRT-2 would be more versatile because it will have a brighter spill but still throw very well.

I don't have a Maelstrom, but everyone on here who's gotten on has raved about them, and 4Sevens is an excellent company; you certainly could make a worse choice.

H&K

Newly Enlightened
I guess what i'm wanting is good throw w/ decent spill also. I really like the Jetbeam lights. I think I am going to narrow it down to the Jetbeam RRT-2 R5, or the Jetbeam Jet-III M R5. Pretty sure they are both good throwers. Honestly, I am very new to nice flashlights. I just ordered a Fenix TK11 R5 a few days ago. I want to have a nice collection of small lights, like say 3-8 inches. I want some great throwers, some for short distances that really have a lot of flood (I think that's the word), and maybe some that have both. I also like them to look cool also. I love those crenulated (think that's the word) bezels.
I'm getting kinda frustrated because I find so many dang lights that I want. It's making it really hard to choose. Also, there is so much i don't understand, I may be looking for the wrong things in a light. All I really look at right now is:

Lumens & runtime
Throw
Flood (or spill??)
Decent quality

That's really about all I know to look for. I've researched alot of lights in the past week and I have learned alot I think, but I still feel really stupid when it comes to picking one out. But, like I said earlier, I think i have it narrowed down to one of the two Jetbeams...the RRT-2 or the JET-III M, both R5. On this light I am really more interested in throw. I think my next light (maybe get one next week) will be more for using in the 25-100 yd. range with a lot of flooding instead of throw. Thank you for all the info.