Arc anymore??

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I have tried to phone Arc using the number on their site and also attempted e-mail with no response. I keep getting voice recording on the phone and would simply like to know if they still have items in stock. Their webpage shows a few things I want and I am thinking of placing another order if they do actually have it.

So has anyone ordered anything lately from Arc? I searched old threads and hit a dead end about December 2009.....seems as if no one at all posted much after that and I saw no orders being placed as well after that time. Are they still in business at all....even under new ownership.

They have the camo at a good deal and while it is the older design it would be cool to have one....just not sure if thy even exist anymore at all. So can anyone verify the company even exists?

nbp

Flashaholic
I recall Some discussion over the last few months (albeit not all positive) of people ordering Arc6s so I'm pretty sure they are still in business. I thought too that they had replaced some CS reps who were doing crappy jobs, as people suddenly started getting some issues worked out. Maybe they're still working on that. :fail:

Sorry you haven't had much success getting ahold of them Robo, I hope you can get the stuff you're looking for.

PS: although not the place you want to see it, check the Jeers forum. There was some Arc threads there in the last few months. I think that's where I got my info.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've just e-mailed them (customer service) and they were quick and nice. Sent me o-rings and a reflector very quickly.

Try e-mailing: lucy at arcflashlight.com

Sverre

PS! I'm very happy with my Arc6:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Robo - I hope you've just been unlucky with your calls.

Last dealing I had with them was very bad until Lucy turned up and sorted it all out. I hope they're still there for sentimental reasons ( I.E. I quite like their lights - even though they aren't the latest on the block!)

Good luck.

Post if you find out anything.

Cheers.

Robocop

I have several older AAA versions as well as the LS models however I never did get one of the camo units. I noticed a sale on their remaining stock however if I remember correct they were a limited run and sold out a few years back. If they were sold out I am curious how they have these to offer and this may be an error.

The section on their site says these are the 5.5 lumen version however they have the new style tapered head. For 30 dollars I would pick one up but for some reason I feel this may be either incomplete seconds or something different than described....would like to ask before I order. I was also thinking of picking up some of the spare 5 watt emitters and U bin 3 watters to tinker with.

Thanks for the input and I will check the jeers section and try the e-mail again.

choombak

Enlightened
You have been unlucky on calls, and email. As suggested email lucy, and she will take care of you. Things have improved a lot after she came onboard about 6 months ago.

The threads on my Arc-AAA are the smoothest of all lights I've handled till date, and yes, I find Arc's to have a lot of sentimental value, so keep on purchasing them (latest was a Camo from the 4Sevens garage sale).

Boss Hogg

Newly Enlightened
Ordered the camo's a few weeks back and didn't have any problems at all. Fast shipping and extra o-rings upon request.

Robocop

Well actually this has worked out as I received an e-mail from Lucy Friday evening. I believe there was simply a delay (or impatience on my part) as she took my order and I have one headed my way shortly.

Always did want one of the Camo models and thought they were long gone. She explained these were found as leftovers in their building and only had 3 units left.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad it worked out Robo. A few months back I ordered a few CS's as spares, a bargain at $30 IMHO. They came in black. I already gave one away...

choombak

Enlightened
Well actually this has worked out as I received an e-mail from Lucy Friday evening. I believe there was simply a delay (or impatience on my part) as she took my order and I have one headed my way shortly.

Always did want one of the Camo models and thought they were long gone. She explained these were found as leftovers in their building and only had 3 units left.

Nice to hear that it worked well for you. I think Arc operates as a very small unit, and has a handful of people, and possibly only one CS rep (Lucy). Given the amount of electronic coverage Arc receives on cpf alone, I'd think that she is swamped with mails and requests and warranty claims. :) I also like their "unconditional replacement" warranty for manufacturing defects, which is a major USP for Arc. :thumbsup:

-Amarendra

Robocop

Well it did work out in a way however I am mildly dissapointed. The link to the sale showed the complete camo unit (head and body). It was on sale from 38 dollars to 24 so I jumped on the deal.

I ordered what I thought was the complete camo light however upon arrival it was only the camo battery tube with new style gray ano head. The good part is it seems to be brighter than my older AAA-P units and the led is centered.

Lucy did offer to help me out however stated the sale link was simply posted wrong as there were no camo AAA heads to offer. I went ahead and kept the light as it works well and for 24 dollars I have another AAA classic. I am also happy with the output and the new tapered head is pretty nice none the less.

Now I simply must have a AAA camo head to match so I am off to search online....wish me luck.

Arc (who ever is running the show now) seems to be doing pretty well by their customers and I would not hesitate to order again from Arc.

prof

Enlightened
Good to hear. I recently replaced the arc (cs) on my keyring with a preon. The new light is much brighter, but the keyring attachment is weak and awkward. The finish on the preon looks worse after 6 months than the arc did in 6 years.

The lug on the arc had worn badly--almost 1/3 to 1/2 gone. Might have to get another or I might try a revo or something. I like the extra brightness, but absolutely love the finish on the arc!

prof

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I recently exchanged an older semi-malfunctioning Arc-AAA (just sorta worn out, that was all) for a replacement and their customer service was top notch. :thumbsup: