Best malkoff drop-in for my rifle light?

glock19ftw

Newly Enlightened
I have a 5 year old G2 incand and I am thinking about putting it in a Vtac or VLTOR mount for my AR. Which Malkoff drop in would you guys recommend? I use the rifle for my job (police officer in a big city). Typically, when we deploy our rifles they are used in 25-75 yard situations. We rarely use rifles to clear buildings. My main concern is for the drop-in to have some decent throw. In addition, do I need to change out anything else on the flashlight due to recoil? Thanks, I am new to CPF so bear with me.

jellydonut

Enlightened
I would put the old M60 in a rifle light, for added throw and less bright spill than the current M61 which might just be an annoyance on a weapon light. You don't need to change anything else due to recoil with a Malkoff dropin.

Also, despite your light currently being incandescent I think this discussion belongs more in the LED subforum.:eek:

glock19ftw

Newly Enlightened
^Thanks I originally posted it here but I made another thread in LED...mods can close this if they want :) thanks for the help

Brigadier

Enlightened
I have an old 6P with the shock isolating bezel[Z32] and tape switch tailcap mounted on my Mossberg 930. I run a P61 and primary batteries taped together. Seems to work great. I am not worried about the short run time as it is only used in short bursts.